Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic 2 Lakeside 0

2 posters

Go down

Celtic    2   Lakeside   0 Empty Celtic 2 Lakeside 0

Post  Ski Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:47 am

Hard fought game by both teams. Celtic played a man down starting in the 30th minute as a result of a red card given out to Frank "The Tank" Butcher. I didn't see the foul, but from all accounts it seemed a little harsh for a direct red. The concensus was at least a yellow as the intent was not there, but we will live with card given.

Celtic scored late in the first half to go up 1-0 at halftime. I believe Timmy Silverstein scored off a rebound. The 2nd half Lakeside had their chances, but couldn't get one by yours truly. A little bit of luck and great defense helped in the shutout.

Celtic's second goal came from a quick outlet pass to G who ran down the left side. He got the ball in the middle, to Richard Wilson who put it away with about 7 minutes left in the game.

Lakeside has a good , young team. Their record does not reflect the skill they have on the team. Anyone who plays them should not take them for granted (I am talking to the Roos boys who play them in a friendly July 6th). It wouldn't be a surprise if we see them in Premier next year.

Last edited by Ski on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Ski
Ski
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 162
Team : Celtic
Full Name : Bryan Staniszewski
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Celtic    2   Lakeside   0 Empty Re: Celtic 2 Lakeside 0

Post  Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:17 pm

Account Deleted

Last edited by Charlie Barth on Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Garrett Schuler Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Wait till you play the roos on the 6th. You will see a level of class and play never witnessed before.
Garrett Schuler
Garrett Schuler
College
College

Number of posts : 54
Team : Roos FC
Full Name : Art Vandelay
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content