Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BDSL Blows it yet again

+2
aeaton
DrewMaloney
6 posters

Go down

BDSL Blows it yet again Empty BDSL Blows it yet again

Post  DrewMaloney Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:56 pm

In what has been the most exciting Tehel cup in history, the BDSL is doing everything in it's power to make it as anti-climactic as possible. (There is a joke about Lakesides girlfriends that I'm not going to make. I'll save it for later.) Lakeside will be taking on the Roos in the next round of the Tehel Cup preventing the matchup the world wanted to see in the finals. If you don't know lakeside, this is a picture of their team from their website
BDSL Blows it yet again LakeSide-280x186

Here is their website http://www.freewebs.com/lakesidefootballclub/ . Freewebs huh? You may need to re-negotiate with Colter Bay.

Much to the delight of Lakesides girlfriends, the game will be played at the Boneyard. Lakeside is looking for revenge after the 8-1 shalacking that we handed them last time they took the field against the Roos. We both showed up with a full team, but Roos chose to play that game with only 7 on the field to make it a bit more fair. Still didn't help. Game was called after the first half due to most of the Lakesiders audibly sobbing on the field.

I was going to dedicate this section to using Wolfpacks jokes, but none of them are funny. At all.
Perhaps you guys can start calling Lakeside, Lameside. You can have that one. I don't want to turn this into a Wolfpack Bashfest but it is nice to see a team took Lykans place as the most obnoxious team in the league. VOWELSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm sure there is going to be a lot of rumors and false statements that will be thrown around in the week leading up to the game so we can set the record straight on a few things:

Lakeside players never give money to charities, in fact, they have been on record saying they hate charity.
I saw an elderly woman in need on Delaware and Allen, Charlie Barth walked by, kicked her, then stole her purse then used the money to buy a round of Puckers for Lakeside members inside.
Lakeside hates bacon.
Their team song is 'Dancing Queen' by Abba.

The list just goes on from there.
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

BDSL Blows it yet again Empty Re: BDSL Blows it yet again

Post  aeaton Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:01 pm

I wish that the games were not on the same date. I know the Wolfpack would have loved to travel down to the boneyard to watch Roos slaughter, and I will use the term, LAMESIDE (thank you for that) in what I'm sure will be an amazing match to watch. Maybe we can get someone to film the match and have Martin Tyler and Andy Gray to commentate. If this is possible I would like to watch the match along side the Wolfpack players with the Roos and kick back and have a few brews in honor of your soon to be win! Cheers to the Roos! Oh if no one can film this match I'm sure there will be some great pictures in the Buffalo News for everyone to see, maybe check the police blotter for Charlies name oh sorry I'm speaking about 2009 Tehel Cup Champion Charlie Barth lol!, soon to be on a marker at the Boneyard.

aeaton
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 118
Team : FC Quake
Full Name : Adam Eaton
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Now, I know you guys have never made it this far, so this is probably a big deal for your "soccer club". I remember what is like in the lower divisions, so young, so innocent, those were simpler days. I am a nice guy at heart, so I will try and tell you guys how it works a little up here in the big leagues. The grey t-shirts with a Kangaroo probably looked really cool in your co-ed house league, but up here we have real kits. Maybe branch out from Toy's R Us next year. I am sure Orchard Park is a great town, and the Boneryard or whatever you call it is a great field, but the only thing I have ever done there is pee on the ground outside of Bills games. Maybe consider getting a field in a slightly less irrelevant area. I clicked on your own team website link to get an idea of what we were looking at, and the first thing I read at the top of the Facebook page was "This group is scheduled to be archived". That to me sums up your relevance in this league. OHH OUCH! Sorry, just dropped my 2009 Tehel Cup trophy on my foot, don't worry no harm done, back to the Roos. I guess an easy way of thinking about the direction you guys should be heading with your club at this point is to think, What Would The Wolfpack Do? Then do the exact opposite of whatever that is. Whether you want to correctly construct a sentence or advance out of the lower divisions, the Wolfpack always point us the way. Just the opposite way.

As far as Dancing Queen is concerned, we limit ourselves to bands that are also palindromes. Abba was an easy choice.

Back to top Go down

Post  aeaton Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey Charlie maybe you need to come down a division to compete because your what 2-6???? I guess premier is not for your club

aeaton
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 118
Team : FC Quake
Full Name : Adam Eaton
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfpack 4L Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Every time I check the forum I stare in amazement. I personally like the grey t-shirts with kangaroos on them Roos. But hey if my team were 2-6 I would be looking for the most obvious flaws of others too. Chuck, you can put lipstick on a pig buddy but its still a pig.. I'm glad you've got spiffy new threads but who gives a sh*t if you're sitting at the bottom of the division with the largest goal differential in the red and a whopping 8 goals for? Spend more time outside with a ball and less playing WOW and reading the BDSL forum.
Wolfpack 4L
Wolfpack 4L
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 37
Team : Wolfpack
Full Name : Dennis Rich
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DrewMaloney Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Must be nice up on your high horse Charlie. Made a career out of beating up on the little guys. From your privileged days at Nichols High School, with your North Buffalo buddies and own ice rink. Walking around so smug in your cardigans, designer khakis, and sailor hats. Roos were never handed anything, we had to earn everything we've gotten. Growing up on the mean streets of South Buffalo, solving problems with steel rods to faces. That's where we got our nickname, The McKinley Steel Rods.
I know deep down, you're jealous of the Roos. We have more fun and certainly better looking. Just ask your girlfriends (had to). I look at the little rivalry you have going with the Wolfpack and I wonder, why? After .011 seconds of thought, i figured it out. You hate each other because you are so alike. The Wolfpack guys grew up winning games against terrible teams then getting waxed by legit opponents. Lakeside beat up on some garbage teams and won D1 in the old North Division with teams like Queenston (Who you lost to 5-2). During your run, there was a team you never beat, that is the Roos. Seeing a team like yours get to Premier caused the league to completely change format and add a new division. At least you guys have aptly performed in Premier since you've been there. We have half the wins against Premier teams this year as you do..... and come July 7th we'll equal your amount.

Sad <----- that will be you after the game.

Last edited by DrewMaloney on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a sad face)
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  bsc/roma Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:53 am

"I will try and tell you guys how it works a little up here in the big leagues. The grey t-shirts with a Kangaroo probably looked really cool in your co-ed house league, but up here we have real kits."

The Raiders have done quite well in the Big Leagues the last 7 or 8 years with T-Shirts and not real kits. Talent wins games. I will reference "My Cousin Vinny" ......"Imagine you're a deer, you're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little lips down to the cool clear water ... BAM ... a bullet rips off part of your head. Now I ask you, [b]would you give a damn what kind of pants the son of a b**** who shot you was wearing?"

bsc/roma
JV
JV

Number of posts : 14
Team : BSC
Full Name : Matthew Waddington
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Shops Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:02 pm

That might be the most impressive use of a movie quote I have ever seen in my life. I challenge anybody in this forum to use a movie quote better. Wow.

Paul Shops
JV
JV

Number of posts : 4
Team : Roos
Full Name : Paul Shops
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:59 pm

I am honestly unsure how to respond to the Wolfpack making fun of our win-loss record and playing abilities. They have stumped me. They may be unable to comprehend basic logic. I think I will have to let it go.

Waddington - I was like 4 years old 7 or 8 years ago. What have you done for me lately? All I know is the Tehel Cup total since Lakeside has joined the league: Lakeside 1, BSC 0, Roos -1. Also, your jerseys are lame.

I end with a haiku.

Oh to be a Roo
Talentless unsightly scrubs
But still so happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bsc/roma Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:29 am

Barth you obviously confused your skill set age of 11 or 12 with your real age. You were 15 and 16. And what have we dont lately? Well last year we won the premier league and the championship as well as being in the Tehel Cup Final. And this year we toyed with your team. And our shirts are lame, but unfortunately for you and your squad we are not Paris Hilton we dont worry about our outfits, we worry about WINNING Games. Maybe you should put the little dog down and worry more about your game and you would have a better shot of going .500 in the premier league. So maybe this year when we have the Tehel Cup for the 4th or 5th time in 8 years, I will let you cherish your team name on it from that time the blind squirrel found a nut.

bsc/roma
JV
JV

Number of posts : 14
Team : BSC
Full Name : Matthew Waddington
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Schieber Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:28 pm

I can't believe your best insult was that we have a Kangaroo on our jerseys (we actually don't btw). I expected better. The Haiku was nice but this isn't the Jim Rome Radio Show so most people don't know or care about your ability to form a Japanesse sonnet. Bottom line Barth is that, really, the Tehel Cup draw couldn't have gone better. To put two teams who are nothing but in love with themselves is a smart move by the BDSL board. Should be a great atmosphere come Thursday.
Michael Schieber
Michael Schieber
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 435
Team : Roos F.C.
Full Name : Michael Schieber
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content