Division Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Division Predictions

Post  spfallon9432 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:24 am

Why not be the first to start some Forum fodder in 2016! Here is my best guess at Divisional alignment for this Summer:

Premier: No big differences other than the Lazio absorption by Sharpshooters allowing one extra Cahampionship team to sneak up.
1) BSC Raiders - Premier winner
2) Sharpshooters - Premier runner-up
3) Soho - Premier 3rd place
4) BUSS - Premier 4th place
5) Yemen Elite - Carry over
6) Roos - Carry over
7) Queenston - Carry over
8 Clarence - Carry over
9) Celtic United - Carry over
10) BSC Inter - Championship runner-up
11) FC Yemen - Championship winner
12) Boomslang - Championship 3rd place, gets the nod for a shot in Premier.

Championship: Here is where some real movement starts to show up due to the influx of new squads. I think Golden Seals are treated as Chelsea and drop down. Couple of bump ups from D1 to make room for the push up from the bottom, absence of Rush dropping down AND increase to 13 teams.

1) EAFC - D1 winner
2) OP Alliance - D1 runner-up
3) Golden Seals - Relegated from Premier (Chelsea)
4) Celtic Hoops - Carry over
5) Buffalo Celtic - Carry over
6) Wolfpack - Carry over
7) Rangers - Carry over
8 Lakeside FC - Carry over
9) Lakeshore FC - Carry over
10) Buffalo Bantu - Carry over
11) Lykan FC - Relegation Eligible, but I think instead of going down they get one last shot here instead of bumping too many up from D1 who didn't "earn it." Wanderers numbers were to awful to justify staying up. Just a hunch.
12) Polonia - D1 3rd place
13) Niagara FC - D1 4th place

1st Division: The further down you go, the more movement we may see because of the huge change with 6 folds, 9 adds. I believe D1 remains at 14 teams. I don't envy the Boards job in alignment this year, and am super curious to see rosters of new clubs. Pending those, do we see a repeat of last off season and get a couple "new" teams full of good BDSL vets/young talent exiting HS placed here? My best guess...

1) Amherst Alliance - D2 winner
2) FC Quake - D2 runner-up
3) Wanderers - Relegated from Championship
4) Panthers - Carry over
5) Alden - Carry over
6) Monarchs - Carry over
7) RVS United - Carry over
8 SPAL - Carry over
9) Beast City - Carry over
10) Buffalo Gunners - Carry over
11) Depew Village - Carry over
12) Catan FC - D2 3rd Place
13) Williamsville Willies - New Team - Is this that combo of few BDSL vets/young Will HS grads? If so I think they get the D1 nod similar to OP Alliance last year
14) FC Yemen II - New Team - Does the new Yemen team get benefit of the doubt due to success of FC Yemen? This is one I am not confident in at all as I think this could easily be Dutch/Elmwood Saints or another call-up from D2, but ill stick with the initial reaction.

2nd Division: This division will be similar if not more shaken up than Division 1 while remaining at 14 teams. Couple extra call-ups from D3 and several new teams will fill the voids left by 2 folds, and 4 teams headed up to D1.
1)PLYSA Toros - D3 winner
2) Revolution SC -D3 runner-up
3) Meerkats - Relegated from D1
4) Ton U - Carry over
5) Ukraine - Carry over
6) West Side - Carry over
7) DSC Buffalo - Carry over
8 Blizzard - Carry over
9) Rampart - Carry over
10) Celtic Classic - Carry over
11) Cheektowaga - Carry over
12) WNY United Reds - Carry over *When 2 teams below you fold and you muster 5 points yourself do you stay up over new teams with young, talented rosters? My guess on this for now is they get benefit of being a veteran side with inside track*
13) Crimson Fire - D3 3rd Place - They get the nod after being very vocal of desire to go up
14) Dutch - New Team - Old name, some new young faces it seems. A fair placement in a prove-it return season

3rd Division: The vets and the remaining newbies fill-up the final 13 spots to make the even 66 in BDSL this Summer.
1) Stone Jug - Carry over
2) Devils - Carry over
3) Haz Benz - Carry over
4) Rust Belt - Carry over
5) Aurora Arsenal II - Carry over
6) Great White Buffalo - Carry over
7) FK Bosnia - Carry over
8 Celtic 1888 - New Team - No idea if this is a veteran laden Celtic cast-offs team, new young squad getting a good branding, or a mix so the unknown has them landing here for me.
9) FC Aftershock - New Team - A good spot for this very young roster mostly from the far southtowns. The D3 geographical spread this Summer is going to be obnoxious!
10) Pendelton United FC - New Team - No idea who the are, but see above about geographical spread
11) Youngstowne - New Team - Again no idea, but even more obnoxious for the geographical spread!
12) La Salle - New Team - Only place that makes sense.
13) Elmwood Saints - New Team - * Really struggled deciding where they are, could be from D1 to D3. Seems to be a team with some good talent, particularly on offense and have held up well In some indoor small sided games. Could be way too good for this spot, but just don't know enough to make the call.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I am not extremely confident in my placement of new teams as I know little about majority of them, but hey it was fun.

Last edited by spfallon9432 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

spfallon9432
College
College

Number of posts : 65
Team : FC Quake
Full Name : Sean Fallon
Registration date : 2014-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Division Predictions

Post  Michael Schieber on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:34 am

Not bad but we wouldn't do odd numbered divisions. That way we don't have to deal with byes. 

Looking forward to revealing the final divisions.

EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 434
Team : Roos F.C.
Full Name : Michael Schieber
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Divisions

Post  spfallon9432 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:17 am

That would make sense. So I would guess 12-14-14-14-12 or 12-12-14-14-14 then? Definitely cant wait to see how it all comes out!

spfallon9432
College
College

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MitchAC on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Well done Sean. Only thing is I can't see Elmwood Saints being that low. They should be in D1 if not Championship

MitchAC
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 47
Team : Crimson Fire FC
Full Name : Mitchell Altman-Cosgrove
Registration date : 2015-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baltmanc on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:59 pm

An interesting thought here (just for fun), but what if another division was made? So Premier through 4th? I know there was a lot of chatter about not playing every team in your division last year (which is understandable). I do realize this would most likely mean byes but it might be a not so bad tradeoff so everyone has the same schedule.

Besides that you have seemingly enough teams at the bottom who prefer to stay at the bottom and not play some of the higher ranked teams in their division. BTW yes I know this would all but secure my team being in D3 again.

Just a fun thought!

baltmanc
JV
JV

Number of posts : 9
Full Name : Brendan Altman-Cosgrove
Registration date : 2015-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  enrique14150 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:01 pm

spfallon9432 wrote:
12) WNY United Reds - Carry over *When 2 teams below you fold and you muster 5 points yourself do you stay up over new teams with young, talented rosters? My guess on this for now is they get benefit of being a veteran side with inside track*

I guess we have to go over the relegation policies at the next meeting because - and correct me if I'm wrong - we finished outside the relegation places last season.  Why would anyone take voluntary demotion?  We're here to compete - we are in exactly the place we've earned in the league, no more, no less.

The Sean Fallons of the world will always be around to write your obituary before the story's actually played out, tear you down before you've laced up your boots.  Ask anyone we've played - we fear no one, we smile at the future.

enrique14150
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 194
Team : WNY United Reds
Full Name : Eric Kolber
Registration date : 2008-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Easy

Post  spfallon9432 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:51 pm

Whoa there I didn't write this to "write any obituary" or "tear anyone down" it's a forum post I wrote by objectively looking at last year's standings/stats, list of teams and the information I know about teams or lack there of. I wrote blurbs about several teams, that could be construed as positive and negative. Again it's a forum and all for good fun and to start a conversation my man. Was not implying anyone takes a "vulantary demotion" either. There are a lot of interesting circumstances in a lot of divisional margins in this year's alignment and I was just expressing my thoughts on how if I were in the room I might look at it. Sorry I struck a nerve I'll be more careful to keep it all puppies and rose blossoms next time versus objective.

spfallon9432
College
College

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:40 pm

MitchAC wrote:Well done Sean. Only thing is I can't see Elmwood Saints being that low. They should be in D1 if not Championship

New teams can't start any higher than D1, I'm 99% sure. So that's why Sean took the care to say Golden Seals would have to be treated as Chelsea if they were to be placed in C'ship

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 286
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:43 pm

enrique14150 wrote:
spfallon9432 wrote:

I guess we have to go over the relegation policies at the next meeting because - and correct me if I'm wrong - we finished outside the relegation places last season.  Why would anyone take voluntary demotion?  We're here to compete - we are in exactly the place we've earned in the league, no more, no less.

The Sean Fallons of the world will always be around to write your obituary before the story's actually played out, tear you down before you've laced up your boots.  Ask anyone we've played - we fear no one, we smile at the future.

5 points was good enough for third-last? I realize Wolf Mill was a threat to forfeit any given Sunday last year...but I can't think of the other team that would've finished below WNY offhand. The 2015 records appear to have been destroyed...I'll contact Edward Snowden later for the information I lack

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:48 pm

ah, yes--Elbow Soup

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baltmanc on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:44 am

Matt Marcin...z wrote:
enrique14150 wrote:
spfallon9432 wrote:
5 points was good enough for third-last?  I realize Wolf Mill was a threat to forfeit any given Sunday last year...but I can't think of the other team that would've finished below WNY offhand.  The 2015 records appear to have been destroyed...I'll contact Edward Snowden later for the information I lack

Check league history

baltmanc
JV
JV

Number of posts : 9
Full Name : Brendan Altman-Cosgrove
Registration date : 2015-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content