BUSS 2- Rogue FC 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BUSS 2- Rogue FC 5

Post  B_Calvaneso on Mon May 02, 2016 8:40 am

Yeah, so we got our @sses handed to us last night. On a chilly, overcast day out at the freshly mowed SSP in Elma, one team came to play and the other didn't. Can you guess which team we were?
We scored first on a defensive mishap from the Rogue back line when a defender passed the ball to Kyle Clifford of our team and he one touched it into the corner of the empty net.
1-0 BUSS
Rogue dominated possession I would say the entire first half, never letting off the gas.
They scored their first off a free kick, we left our marks and they made us pay.
1-1
Another goal for Rogue off a set piece of some kind.
2-1 Rogue
A clear no call when Clifford was taken down in the box, along with us starting to really lose possession of the game led us to start losing our heads a bit. (I must add, the refereeing was tough on us, generally missed a bunch of calls, but I can't ever blame the refs for the outcome of the game. There were plays to be made and we didn't, Rogue did).
Can't remember the 3rd goal.
3-1 Rogue
D Richie Williams gets the ball inside his own 18 and loses a physical battle with Hunter Walsh, and Hunter slots it past Daddario. Honestly looked like it should have been a foul, but I'm not a referee.
4-1 Rogue
After halftime Richie Gordon takes the ball from a miss hit Rogue corner, dribbles about 20 yards and sends a picture perfect lob over the top to Cory Carter, who was all alone and Carter buries it past the keeper on a breakaway.
4-2 Rogue
I had just got to the bench, grabbed a water bottle, found a seat, and started to congratulate Rich Gordon on his assist when the Rogue bench cheered for another goal. I didn't see it.
5-2 Rogue
We seemed to have the better of play in the second half when we decided to start applying heavy pressure from our forwards and midfield, leaving our back line vulnerable. We put the pressure on the last 25 minutes or so but couldn't find any goals. Could be because they were content with the 5 they put on the board, or it could have been our pressure. Either way, it didn't matter.

A piece of advice for Premier teams, Ben Tsujimoto had it right in his predictions as of week 1. Rogue FC is a squad that has the potential to surprise a lot of teams this year. How will their attendance be though? The Walsh brothers are a pain in the @ss to deal with. Scales was strong, and Scirto was magical with his through balls. Their CBs were big and tough.

Man of the match for us goes to GK Matt Daddario. Even while getting 5 put past him he made multiple amazing saves and kept us sort of in the game. He must have stopped 3 breakaways and multiple quality scoring chances. The score could have very easily been 10-2.

We will regroup and hopefully get a better showing next week against Yemen Elite.

B_Calvaneso
College
College

Number of posts : 63
Team : BUSS
Full Name : Bobby Calvaneso
Registration date : 2013-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BUSS 2- Rogue FC 5

Post  B_Calvaneso on Mon May 02, 2016 8:45 am

Also big props to whoever is the one making decisions for Rogue. Going from Championship division to Premier and dominating like they did is something that rarely happens. Congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

B_Calvaneso
College
College

Number of posts : 63
Team : BUSS
Full Name : Bobby Calvaneso
Registration date : 2013-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top