Panthers 2:0 Elmwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panthers 2:0 Elmwood

Post  clarkie6 on Mon May 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Overall this was a good, well played game, but the opportunities on goal were about 5 to 1 in favor on panthers. Panthers started out pretty flat I think and Elmwood used their speed and aggression to put a lot of pressure on us for about the first 5 to 10 minutes. No real chances on goal, but a ton of pressure. Panthers then settled in and started passing better, and play started to settle in their half. Panthers had several good chances and the Elmwood keeper was up to the task keeping them just out of the net. Panthers finally broke through with a blistering shot by Brian Smith was stopped but dropped in front of Kurt Shults who finished it well. First half saw more possession from panthers and some good chances, and Elmwood mostly trying to use its speed up front to break through. 1-0 at half.
Second half I feel had a lot more Panther possession and Elmwood trying to spring their pacey forwards down the wings. The game had more of a feel that we were up a few goals even though it was still 1-0 for quite a while. We finally put in a second goal I believe when Mark cleaned up a good first shot, Elmwoods keeper I thought was fantastic only giving up rebound goals. Things got just a little chippy with about 10 minutes to go when a few ill advised tackles started flying from Elmwood. One yellow was shown, nothing too crazy. Game ended 2-0, hand shakes all around and was really a good game. Best of luck to Elmwood, see you in the playoffs!

clarkie6
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 107
Team : Panthers
Full Name : Eric Clark
Registration date : 2009-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum