What should we do with the goat?

50% 50% 
[ 1 ]
50% 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Panthers 2 - 0 Saints

Post  mj1350 on Fri May 06, 2016 3:07 pm

It was a hectic debut for Saints. Our jerseys weren't finished printing on time so we were scrambling like idiots trying to get number stickers (that didn't really stick) onto all the jerseys. In addition our starting 2 CBs were out hurt and Adonis had the flu, Kerri was mistakenly suspended, so we weren't at full strength, honestly I'm just happy we held up at the back as well as we did. Kraska saved our asses quite a few times, excellent game from him.

That being said, great game Panthers. Panthers are a very good team, and just for the record I think Rumors and Rademaker painting us as D1 favorites was a little premature. Panthers pressed well, moved the ball, and were exceptionally physical. I think they set the tone early on with both their relentless slide tackling and just physically abusing our smaller players with brute force. You could absolutely tell most of our players haven't played on a grass surface in forever, and that certainly played a role in their first goal when UG totally whiffed on a clearance, as well as with Drew shooting over the net about 3 times. To rectify this we're going to move our midweek practices to the surface type of the upcoming game to prep.

We lost, and I agree that the better team won the game (not to say that we won't be improved in a few months, but certainly the better team on the day) They combined well, defended well, really took full advantage of the BDSL's tendency to not call any fouls at all. Heck, halfway through the second half I missed a tackle and put my entire body weight on one of their players feet - should have been a yellow at least, but no call was made. (Sorry about that, by the way, those hurt). It's unbelieveable how much they let go, but I guess that's an adjustment we'll make.

I'm taking a lot of positives from the match. Lawlor is better than we realized, and Ali and Caleb played great. When we gain some 11 v 11 chemistry we're going to be fine. We'll be missing some key players again this Sunday (Mother's day, med school exam monday) but I think we'll feel right at home on turf and have a good bounce back game against rival FC Quake.

Apparently there's a prize goat for the winner of our charming little rivalry. We haven't found a place to keep the goat yet, so I guess we'll have no choice but to BBQ it. Sorry little guy.

mj1350
JV
JV

Number of posts : 6
Team : Elmwood Saints FC
Full Name : Mike Johnson
Registration date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Panthers 2 - 0 Saints

Post  Matt Marcin...z on Sun May 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Just had to cast a vote for GMAC