Celtic Classic 2: 1 FC Aftershock

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celtic Classic 2: 1 FC Aftershock

Post  dpatterson on Mon May 09, 2016 8:51 am

Another game that was moved to Pioneer due to Hamburg High School not being ready....

Aftershock showed up with 13 and Celtic had 13 or 14. Aftershock knew it was going to be a rough day when one of our guys had to go pick up our goalie (Dan Legge) down the street from the back of a cop car due to his registration being expired. Anyways on to the game...

Game started and possession was pretty even throughout. Both teams put together a few passes but no serious chances until half way through the game. The ball bounced up on our CB Pat McAndrews, hit him in the shoulder area right outside the 18 yard box. The ref not only blew a handball but also gave Celtic a PK. Things got a little interesting here. With the wind blowing a lot the Celtic player placed the ball down, ran outside the 18 picked up something and then placed it under the ball. The ref didn't say anything so our goalie came out complaining and got a yellow for knocking the ball away. While the ref is dealing with the goalie, the Celtic player again puts something under the ball and our RM Brandon Bernard steps in a tries to get rid of it. The guy puts a hand in his face so Bernard just pushes him over. Ref gives Bernard a yellow card too. 5 minutes later the Celtic player (without the use of props) slots the ball for the 1 - 0 lead. Aftershock get a chance with Bernard walking in on the goalie but putting it wide. With 5 minutes to go in the half, Celtic gets a free kick from 25 yards out. Legge saves the shot but there are 4-5 Celtic guys there to clean up the rebound. Poor marking by Aftershock. 2 -0 Celtic lead at half.

Second half started and it seemed like Celtic parked the bus and wanted to waste as much time as possible retrieving balls. I understand that its windy and were surrounded by a track (and that they're all older) but each time the ball went out they took their sweet old time to get it back in play. Back to the game. Celtic didn't have too many chances while Aftershock started applying the pressure. in the 65' an aftershock corner kick came into the box, Brian Voit touched it to Dillon Patterson who put it past the goalie. 2 -1 with 25 minutes to go or so. Things started to get chippy and it seemed almost every Aftershock foul resulted in a yellow where I believe Celtic walked away with no yellows. The one call that I cannot get over is where Patterson gets the ball played to him, he walks past 2 defenders than gets taken down with no call. (The head ref gives some BS excuse of why he wont give the call in this game but would give the call in other games under different circumstances.) Aftershock lets emotions get the best of them towards the end with a few more players getting yellows and our LB Cullen Dedrick picking up a red due to a second yellow. Game ends 2 -1.

Aftershock has been inconsistent so far in the year. They shook the rust off again the Devils in week 1. Had a commanding Win against Youngstown in Tehel Cup and then let emotions get the best of them week 2 against Celtic. They look to turn things around in 2 weeks (have a bye in week 3) against Rust Belt.

dpatterson
JV
JV

Number of posts : 19
Team : FC Aftershock
Full Name : Dillon Patterson
Registration date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtic Classic 2: 1 FC Aftershock

Post  MitchAC on Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 am

Oh Dan Legge, always a good time. Crazy all over a past registration...

MitchAC
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 47
Team : Crimson Fire FC
Full Name : Mitchell Altman-Cosgrove
Registration date : 2015-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deadrichard on Mon May 09, 2016 6:21 pm

Fair assessment of the game. FCA dictated possession and pace for most of the game, just couldn't finish on any of our chances.  Everyone seems to like Ian (I've never had an issue with him until yesterday) but countless fouls were committed by Celtic and no cards were shown, but challenges of equal physicality by FCA resulted in yellows.  My first yellow was deserved as i tackled the player from behind, however the second yellow was a result of a celtic player being sandwiched between myself and our CB (not sure how you can show yellow for that but i now have two weeks to sit and think about my actions).  The most troubling no-call was when Patterson got hacked down late in the game and no PK was awarded, and then Ian made a remark on how he would call that foul in a different game just not under the circumstances of the game we were playing.  I always thought that a foul is a foul no matter what league or circumstances are but I guess I'm wrong.
FCA beat ourselves yesterday, we (especially myself) let emotions get the best of us
deadrichard
JV
JV

Number of posts : 4
Team : FC Aftershock
Full Name : Cullen Dedrick
Registration date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content