Sharpshooters - 2 Celtic United - 0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sharpshooters - 2 Celtic United - 0

Post  trlawler on Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Celtic United had 12, we had 18 again. It was a good day to have a deep bench as some of us had tired legs from Friday night's game against the River DogZ. Steele and Brodfuehrer started up front together and created a few really good early chances which we unfortunately missed the net on. Regan had a great header well saved by Augustyn also. United played well and the game was pretty back and forth. Wasson and Berardi pulled the strings for them in midfield while Greene, Loecher and Brown were especially good on the back line. United hit their first crossbar in the first half (well, actually we hit our own crossbar) then it fell to Durst to cover. They would hit two more posts in the second half. We got a little lucky today. I was able to give us the lead off a corner kick when the ball wasn't cleared and fell to me about 10 yards out. I was able to put it through the crowd and it found the back of the net. We were up 1-0 at half. In the second half we had a few more decent spells of play, but United had chances also. Regan was able to add another goal on a breakaway late in the game to make it a 2-0 final. Another assist from Loncar. His 3rd of the season already. I would say overall we probably had the better of the play and deserved the win, but it was a very tight game. A few bounces going the other way and we might've walked out of there with only a point or none. I think United will be a playoff team come season's end. Good game to them and good luck the rest of the way.
trlawler
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 134
Team : Amherst Sharpshooters
Full Name : Trevor Lawler
Registration date : 2010-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top