Marksmen 4, Bosnia 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marksmen 4, Bosnia 1

Post  BHastings on Mon May 16, 2016 12:11 am

Thankfully our game against Bosnia ended up with us on the winning end on a chilly day in Youngstown.

Bosnia had give or take 16 guys, we had 13. We welcomed back our former jug players Sam Beiter, Dante Aversa, and Dane Parlato back from college. The game started off fairly slow. Their forward #11 flopped on top of the 18 early on and a few minutes later flopped in the box when both him and Jake Braun grappled for the ball. The referee was good and said to me after the PK he made a mistake. I saved the penalty which was a good shot to my right side (I'm not bragging I swear). Then we definitely got our foothold into the match. After some sustained pressure on the Bosnia net John Wright knocked in a shot from around the 18 area into the low corner. We kept the pressure up and the ball came to the left flank where either john wright or dom dragone put up a peach of a cross to the far post where the prominent goal scorer andy wright awaited it. We were feeling great halfway through the first half with the sun in our eyes and 30 mph gusts in our faces. Until Bosnia got one back when their midfielder drove a through ball on the ground that from my perspective looked to be an easy collection, but the grass killed the ball in its tracks and i left my defender out to dry, the player ran onto it and it was an easy goal. Right before the half we had a free kick 20 some odd yards out that Zack Westadt shanked low right to the keeper, but the ball took an awful bounce and left the keeper red faced. To his defense as a keeper if that ball bounces in that 6 you're screwed. That was the last kick of the half. 3-1 Marks

Second half was more of a formality. A few chippy fouls by Bosnia, but majority of the game was filled with them swearing at each other. Both teams had a few golden opportunities, us having more, but even with 4 goals we could've had 6 or 7 but we couldn't tidy up and their keeper did make some good saves. Nearing the end Frankie Dirienzo plays the ball from the end line across to clinical Dominic Dragone who made no mistake within 6 yards. The rest is history, Marksmen get the victory and start off the season 2-0, both games at home. Next game should be a good one at Aurora Arsenal II. May go early to do some shopping at Vidler's or something.

BHastings
JV
JV

Number of posts : 13
Team : Youngstown Marksmen
Full Name : Ben Hastings
Registration date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum