Roos FC 5 Yemen Elite 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roos FC 5 Yemen Elite 5

Post  Michael Schieber on Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 am

Roos and Elite said the hell with defending yesterday in a thrill 5-5 draw that was a treat for fans but not for us managers. Weather was great, refs were good, and both teams ended up with 2-4 subs. honestly I thought it ending 4-4 so I'm going to struggle to recall all the goals but hopefully it comes to me as I type. We thought we could get going on turf and we were right I guess? Onto the recap!

So first half gave a early warning of was was maybe to come. Game was maybe 5 minutes old when Adel Rahmen, who was slippery all game, skinned Clay on the outside and finished to the back post through Greg got hands on it. 1-0 to Yemen. 

7th minute to Pep. RIP. Thanks to all for honoring him.

We drew even around the 20th or so with a midfield interception by Mike Skrypzczyk who then played in Sam Greco behind the defense. Greco initial save was stopped by Augstine but Sam cleaned up the rebound for the 1-1 scoreline. It wouldn't stay tied long as Yemen regained the lead after a scramble in our box ended with Rahmen finishing the second of the game for him for 2-1. Then just before the end of the first half, Mateo Escobar scored a Goal of the Year canidate. He scooped up the ball from 35 yards to goal, turned and then fended off two Roos while moving diagonally to the left of our box. A third Roo tried to challenge near the 20 but Mateo kept the ball long enough to unleash a left footed shot across to the far post while falling that when beyond a full stretched Slabyk and grazed the far post and in. Beauty from the Elite captain. Half time came soon after that 3-1 in favor of Elite.

At half time we made some adjustments to limit the success they were having out wide. We changed to a more traditional 4-4-2 flat four. Greco was moving to center mid to partner with Skyrp while hicks went up top and Pellicano out wide. We emphasized moving the ball side to side instead of sending everything up the middle. All the changes worked well as we played much better in the second half. 

Early one we enjoyed some good possession spells. One nice passing spell where we succesly moved the ball right to left and then back right end with Skrypt finding an in cutting Pellicano from RM who finished neatly to bring us to 3-2. The Yemen back line then gifted Reid the ball just outside the box, who calmly took the interception and slotted to bring us back to 3-3. As the half wore on we took our first lead of the game as Greco picked off a pass into the midfield boxed off a defender and then sent in Reid for hammered home his second of the day for the 4-3 lead. Elite's turn to strike as they played a cross to the back post that I misplayed pretty badly and then even further screwed up by only half blocking the shot as it rolled in past Greg. S0 4-4 now and we earn a CK the James Knapp takes. He smartly see an unmarked Greco sprinting near post and Greco flicks in for the 5-4 Roos lead. No time to waste as now a foul just outside our 18 sets up Mateo for a FK that he, of course, finishes over the wall for to make it 5-5.

And exhale. Cause thats how it felt. I couldn't even specutlate on possession numbers. It was just a really even back and forth wide open game. I'd say both teams left a few chances begging on top of the 10 total between the two sides. This is the highest goal total in a game in recorded Roos history. I hope end of the year we dont look at these last two results v the Yemen's and rue the missed chance at 3 points. But onward we go with our focus now on Wolfpack in the Tehel Cup in a must win for us. After that its a daunting June schedule for us.

EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 434
Team : Roos F.C.
Full Name : Michael Schieber
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum