Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Division May Grades

Go down

2nd Division May Grades Empty 2nd Division May Grades

Post  Michael Schieber Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:06 am

2nd Division May Grades

Buffalo Blizzard FC
C   It’s up to Bergum, Parker–Norton, and Haag to drag them out of the relegation scrap. They get some bonus points for toppling Niagara FC in Tehel Cup. The formula they have calls for 0 mistakes to get results. I’m unsure if they can do it consistently enough though.
Preseason: 8th
May: 11th

Celtic 1888
F+  Defensively they have been pitiful. I know they have had light numbers so they can be much better but I need to see it to believe it. The Ukraine result was nice but looking at June and yikes….. Other summer activities might take precedent come July.
Preseason: 6th
May: 14th

Cheektowaga
D-  Pretty poor 1st month for Cheektowaga, though they did play many of the stronger D2 sides. I look at the remaining schedule though and think they’ll earn enough to beat the drop come the end of the year fairly safely.
Preseason: 13th
May: 10th

Crimson Fire FC
C+  Sure they are in 4th so this seems harsh. But I know they went thrilled with their play so why should I be? Here’s the thing with them. They are 2nd in the division in scoring and I think they still aren’t clicking fully. Scary thought. Now if they could only clean it up on the back end… Makes you wonder about the GK switch.
Preseason: 4th
May: 3rd

DSC Buffalo
D+  After 2 games I had them installed as the favorites but suddenly they can’t defend or score. They should jump back into it with a light June.  I think it will be telling to see the result v Crimson. Are they pretenders or contenders? Right now I’m leaning toward the former.
Preseason: 2nd
May: 7th

FC Yemen II
C+  Another Jekyll and Hyde team year though they are heating up. Problem is they just lost their leading goal scorer for the foreseeable future. I think they’ll continue this pattern off up and down play that places them mid table.
Preseason: 10th
May: 9th

Meerkats FC
A- It is a slight concern that that lost to FCYII but for now they still are the top side for me in D2. I feel like I know what expect week in and out from them  which is more then I can say for more then half of the rest of the division. Falla is having a terrific campaign.
Preseason: 1st
May: 1st

PLYSA Toros
B  Haven’t quite found their stride yet in D2 but I think it might be coming. Jones is off to a slow start (unless he only played last week) but Tewsley is making a name for himself as the creator. The remaining schedule thru July even is rather kind so I think they could move into a playoff spot.  
Preseason: 7th
May: 6th

Pendleton United FC
B+  Maybe it was the opening tough slate that let them gassed v WNY Reds but that result is a little puzzling. I still believe them to be a playoff side. Have yet to see a big scoring threat leap out but Juszczak and the D will keep them every single game.  Maybe lots of close games for them all year too.
Preseason: 3rd
May: 5th

Rampart FC
B+  After a sluggish start Rampart have improved in every game since and now sit in third. The defense lead by Holler and Vosburg is maybe the best unit in the division. It will come done to scoring for them. Half their goals came in 1 game. Need to be more clinical in the final third to be a true promotion threat. They’ll finish safely in playoffs but can they take that next step?
Preseason: 5th
May: 2nd

Tonawanda United
A-   A great start no question but looking at the teams they played and you can poke some holes in them. 3 of their 4 games have come vs the bottom 3 in the division. A tougher road ahead makes me think they’ll drop back some but still look to be a playoff team in a wide open D2.
Preseason: 9th
May: 4th

Ukraine
C+  Their opening week beat down of Blizzard had me thinking they might be good this year after all but the rest of May went more along with my initial expectations. Really tough June coming and this might be one of their worst years in recent memory.  Not that this is a bad team, but it just says more about the d2 level of play over all I think.
Preseason: 12th
May: 12th

WNY United Reds
B+   Lots of encouraging signs here from  the Reds with good results early. The win v West Side must have felt particularly sweet. I so badly want to have them beat the drop but again I question the scoring. Duerr can’t do it alone. They have been so much better defensively though maybe he can. Trending up but not out of the woods yet. Big games v Cheektowaga and Ukraine coming in June.
Preseason: 14th
May: 13th

West Side FC
C  A late May surge from them including a big W vs DSC has them moving in the right direction. I hear reinforcements might be coming for them soon too which can certainly help. Almendarez appears to taken over as the creator here. Question is who is finishing? Not a playoff team but safely away from the relegation scrap too for me.
Preseason: 11th
May: 8th
Michael Schieber
Michael Schieber
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 435
Team : Roos F.C.
Full Name : Michael Schieber
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down