Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FC QUAKE 3 Depew Village 2

2 posters

Go down

FC QUAKE 3 Depew Village 2 Empty FC QUAKE 3 Depew Village 2

Post  spfallon9432 Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:13 am

I promise this to be a shorter recap by my standards, game didn't have too much of note.

Rainy start but Field A at WSSC was borderline immaculate by S'town Grass Field standards so some skipping/slipping was the only non-human derived issues yesterday. Game started off with almost total FCQ possession, and several great looks. Being conservative, game should of been 2 or 3-0 in first 8-10 minutes, but whomever the fella in net for DV was, props man. He isn't a regular GK I guess, but would of fooled us as he made 4-5 spectacular plays yesterday to keep DV in the game. Looked like a pretty damn good athlete at the least so again, compliments all around! All that being said, we shot wide on no less than 4 breakaways yesterday which makes me kind of sick recapping in my mind. I digress... after missing several glorious looks it seemed to breathe life into DV as they found some legs and spurts of really nice possession. A pretty weak FK call, (Story of game for refereeing in this one, albeit evenly called both ways I thought) against us at edge of our 18 for a cleanly won clearance out on the sideline had the DV player fall over the clearing FCQ leg and awarded a FK. DV took advantage of one that Eaton would want back when it popped out of his grasp (Still very wet and raining at this point) and pretty much directly off the forehead of a DV player and in. 1-0 DV about 20'. We responded quickly to tie it 1-1 off a great turn and ball from Bonadonna to Fisher who ripped it home low corner. We threatened and possessed heavily remainder of half but continued to squander our looks.

Second half we came out fast and similar to first half dominated possession early, but this time we finished a couple. First was a beautiful sequence of passing that saw some 7 or 8 crisp balls spring Mammoliti in the 18 who made no mistake to bury it far netting. 2-1 FCQ about 55'. Only a couple minutes later a great curling ball down the left sideline from Lafko sprung speedster Reid who beat DV players to the endline then centered to Kerr who buried it through a DV defender and in. 3-1 FCQ about 60'. At this point game had the feel of a rout to me, and maybe that exact thought in too many FCQ minds is precisely why we just seemed to look almost disinterested at times after that. Being said, Depew Village's guys came to battle yesterday and with only 1 sub, did the absolute opposite of folding after we took the 3-1 lead. Cant say enough good things about them as fun friendly opponents, and how hard they battled to the last whistle. Final 30 minutes saw us squander yet a couple more chances to close this one out before the 70', but ultimately start losing the possession battle to some degree to DV. they pushed numbers forward and hard, and we were way to complacent. They produced a couple corners that they came close once on. Otherwise not much of note both ways until about 85' when some sloppy play in our end led to a high floating ball by DV right up the middle that caught myself out of position and left Eaton in a bad spot. DV player headed a lob high but just far enough to come down between Eaton and the crossbar. 3-2 FCQ with couple mins left. DV continued to play very hard to try and find an equalizer, and had one long range look go wide. Ultimately we gathered ourselves and possessed the final 2-3' to see it to the finish line for a rather unimpressive 3-2 win and 3 points.

Very clean, enjoyable team to play against. Before we had even reached our sideline I think they had their cooler full of beer open and cracked a few. Love seeing that. Good luck rest of the way to those guys I am rooting for them to get off the bottom of the table, and If they bring that level of effort rest of the way, I think they can pull it off.

spfallon9432
College
College

Number of posts : 70
Team : FC Quake
Full Name : Sean Fallon
Registration date : 2014-05-09

Back to top Go down

FC QUAKE 3 Depew Village 2 Empty Re: FC QUAKE 3 Depew Village 2

Post  Dave S. Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:33 am

Well of course DV had the cooler open promptly; there are some former Elbow Soup players on that squad now!

Now ES may not have won much the last couple seasons; but we never broke tradition with our post game cold ones!

"Win or lose; we never forgot to respect our booze!"

Laughing

Dave S.
JV
JV

Number of posts : 22
Team : PLYSA Toros
Full Name : Dave Simpkin
Registration date : 2015-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post  spfallon9432 Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Dave S. wrote:Well of course DV had the cooler open promptly; there are some former Elbow Soup players on that squad now!  

Now ES may not have won much the last couple seasons; but we never broke tradition with our post game cold ones!

"Win or lose; we never forgot to respect our booze!"

Laughing

AMEN

spfallon9432
College
College

Number of posts : 70
Team : FC Quake
Full Name : Sean Fallon
Registration date : 2014-05-09

Back to top Go down