Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic 2, Marksmen 2

4 posters

Go down

Classic 2, Marksmen 2 Empty Classic 2, Marksmen 2

Post  benhastings717 Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:22 pm

So I don't really know how to start this off. Refs were a little late to the game, got everything going pretty quickly. We started with less than classic, but a few guys came in late. Injury bug was getting them throughout the game.

First half, Marksmen on the frontfoot got a goal after barr crossed to Andy wright who headed the ball home. Looked like he shoved the defender in the back, and if I am not mistaken the AR on that side flagged for the foul but by the time the center ref realized, he was at the center circle ready to get the game going again. Shortly after celtic get a free kick around half for a light foul, played a long ball quickly to their striker (who is very talented) and one touches past me. Few questions asked with where the foul was and where the free kick was taken, but I understand there is leeway.

Halftime 1-1: walk over to the ref to chat about it and he says something along the lines of: "Look, your team out here is running circles around these guys. They are older than your mothers and fathers, hell they couldn't catch the blonde one (Colin O'Keefe) if they had a taser. I gotta make it more fair".

Second half: we knocked on the door throughout but hit the crossbar twice and could not finish our chances. Later on Ryan miller had a lofted shot and it dropped in. Dying minutes of the game theres a handball call against us right on top of the box. striker hits a low shot that would have been routine for me but took a huge bounce over me (can't complain too much since it is our own, lackluster field). A fairly slow paced game for our standards leaves us with a share of the points.

Now, I personally made a comment during the second half about the referees thought process for calls and "making it fair for the older guys" and it didnt make our opposition happy (rightly so; however I explained my statement to them later and they were all nice guys about it). They said they heard the center ref say he wanted to get out of there so he could watch the hockey game, which seemed right since he was out of the parking lot and zipping home before most of us and our fans could.

We pay just as much to be in this league, and its the most enjoyable soccer I feel we have been able to play in years. Yeah we are mostly younger guys in college and some in high school, with a few outliers. That being said, no referee should ever call a game in one teams favor because they "could be our fathers". I mean hey if you don't want us in the league because we are too young then make an age restriction. And even if he did mean to call it lopsided, he did it quite poorly anyways. He placed all his blame on his one AR. Both the center ref and the one AR were very poor and I really hope we never see them again. The game is just how it goes and both the teams will bicker. The common factor is that the center ref was unprofessional and did not give a care at all about the game with which we are paying him to officiate. This is only my second year in this league and thankfully I don't think we will ever deal with someone this poor again. Other than that best of luck to celtic they are a solid team and really a good group of guys. No hard feelings or anything to them, our entire team was frustrated with the calls, and they seemed to feel the same way.

Hoping for a different ref since next week for fathers day we host my former team, Stone Jug.

benhastings717
JV
JV

Number of posts : 2
Team : Youngstown Marksmen
Full Name : Ben Hastings
Registration date : 2016-05-06

Back to top Go down

Classic 2, Marksmen 2 Empty Re: Classic 2, Marksmen 2

Post  Matt Marcin...z Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:57 am

Is this new username going to be the one reserved for all future ref criticisms?

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  benhastings717 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:02 pm

Matt Marcin...z wrote:Is this new username going to be the one reserved for all future ref criticisms?

whoops didn't even realize... there was an error when making the first account and it wouldn't get 'approved', then made the second one. I guess both got approved now as I didn't realize when logging in. But no I hope I won't have to make ref complaints anymore lol

benhastings717
JV
JV

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Haha, I just noticed that this was supposedly your first post, and I said to myself 'this guy has definitely been recapping prior games'....

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:06 pm

I wonder why that error occurred.  Ask the resident website expert Michael Schieber (should be able to tag people on here, Facebook-style...maybe by BDSL 2020)

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  BHastings Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Oh I asked him after the first account wasn't approved and he didn't know why it wouldn't work, so i made the second one. Now both were approved and both usernames I use for everything I do so I didn't notice. I can't critique him yet since he has helped out with my dumb rookie questions all year and has done pretty well so far

BHastings
JV
JV

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 pm

He should've known. Inexcusable ignorance.

(just kidding)

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Schieber Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Hey Ben asked. I said I didnt know why it did it but I fixed it. So i addressed it lol.
Michael Schieber
Michael Schieber
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 435
Team : Roos F.C.
Full Name : Michael Schieber
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Eric Clark for BDSL message board overseer, 2017.

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down