YEMEN ELITE 3, Queenston FC 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

YEMEN ELITE 3, Queenston FC 1

Post  Raider9726 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:00 pm

I'll write recaps of losses too, why not.

We did not play our best game yesterday.  We gave Elite a lot of space in the midfield, which ultimately led to passes out wide to their very skillful and speedy wingers, and they had enough time and space to beat our wing backs ultimately centering passes in the box.  Our keeper, John Netter, actually kept this one closer than it should have been.  Elite outplayed us today, but we wish we could get this game back, as it'd have been nice to come into the game with a different approach/strategy.

Elite played a back four and basically parked the bus midway through the second half; things we had not heard about all season from them.  WHY DID YOU HAVE TO ADJUST NOWWWWW?!?!?!

So Elite scored first, maybe 10 minutes in, on a long over the top ball from Chris Griffiths to Kovan Menr, who slotted it nicely out of Netter's out stretched hands.  This would be the last time Kovan would do anything other than get called offsides maybe 6-7 more times as the game progressed.

We scored next, with probably just under 5 to go in the first half, as Curtis Dorian squared a ball to Troy Brady who launched one top left upper 90 from 22'-ish out.  This was a redemption goal, as Scott Augustine stoned him point blank on a breakaway maybe 15 minutes prior to this.  Oh that reminds me: I don't think Elite played all that great defensively (aside from Mo Kassem) and that includes their keeper, as he spilled almost everything, but we just couldn't get past their outstanding midfield.  Those guys made it all happen yesterday, and completely outmatched us.

Our 17 guys in the neon kits were all feeling alright at half time because we figured we should have been down, but we were all square 1-1.  Yemen Elite's 16 in powder blue probably felt the same, as they were generating multiple quality looks offensively, so from their perspective, I'm sure they simply said ''keep this up and we'll get 'em".

It took all of 3 minutes into the final 45 to understand who would grab the critical three points yesterday, as Elite immediately took to our back four off of a bad giveaway, and this time it was Max Chirwa who connected with Adel Rahman, and he finished from a difficult angle into the side netting.  2-1 Elite.

Midway through the second half, Elite would notch their final goal, coming from a Sam Kassem pass to Ali Adil, who danced around a few of our guys before also finishing side netting from about the PK stripe.  This is when Elite parked the bus.  I can only remember one half chance from that point forward, as we refused to pass the ball in the final third in order to obtain any good looks.  But the one that I remember was a free kick that Andrew Donner took, and he put it on net but it was relatively slow, yet somehow still sort of fooled their keeper, as he had to punch it out for a corner.  Had that gone in, I think we get some life back and perhaps bury an equalizer.  But not on this day.

Unfortunately now for us Parliament, we have to rely on getting a big win this coming week against SoHo, and we also must call upon some help, as teams like Rogue, Celtic United and Yemen Elite are all looking at playoff spots 5 and 6, much like we are.
Raider9726
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 241
Team : Queenston
Full Name : Queenston Statistician
Registration date : 2012-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top