1st Division June Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1st Division June Grades

Post  Michael Schieber on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:15 pm

1st Division June Grades

Alden
D- †Pretty much what I expected from them this season. Grabbing a point vs Catan FC was nice for them. They could drop Hamburg I suppose to battle for 11th but thatís really it for them. Hey did you know they call themselves the Eclipse? Me neither.
Preseason: 11th
May: 12th
June: 12th

Amherst Alliance
C †Sorry but wins vs Depew and Nickel City are basically meaningless. So if you throw those out youíre left with a draw and a loss. So too many missed opportunities here for this side. I canít see them making up enough to gain a playoff spot. Got away with it last year but this season arenít so lucky.
Preseason: 6th
May: 8th
June: 8th

Beast City SC
C- †Rocky outlook now for Beast City who really canít afford a bad result v SPAL or Gunners. Fairly large injury to Kinnard doesnít help either as all the attention turns to Noah Keem to keep his current form. There defense has been pretty good so far and thatís good as they might need to lean on that more to finish the year. Teams here should desperately want the second or their seed to avoid Panthers in playoffs. Sadly I think they only manage 4th.
Preseason: 3rd
May: 2nd
June: 4th

Buffalo Gunners
A- †††Could be the most deceptive 5-3 record in history with all 5 wins over the bottom 5 teams in the league. They were dispatched in their other 3 games vs quality opponents. I think come year end theyíll be closer to relegation then a point off the playoffs. (Note: This is the same prediction for them as last month with just minor numbers and text changes)
Preseason: 13th
May: 11th
June: 9th

Catan FC
C- †††So the losses to Gunners and Willies really ended any shot of playoffs here but they have shown enough promise to be considered a dangerous team that most donít want to see on the schedule to end the year. Scalzi has seen this level hurt his production while veteran Matt Richards proved he has plenty left in the tank. Weíll see what happens with them in the off season as they could be a team to keep an eye on.
Preseason: 9th
May: 7th
June: 10th

Depew Village
F †SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!!! BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE!!!!!! DEPEW VILLAGE VERSUS NICKEL CITY WANDERERS!!!! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!! At least the twitter feud with these two clubs is hot. Iím taking Depew Village 2-1 in that one.
Preseason: 12th
May: 13th
June: 13th

Elmwood Saints FC
B- †What did I just say about wins versus Nickel City and Depew everyone? So Iím not giving Saints any credit here for blowing them out. Split the month here and if you throw out the goals in those two previously mentioned games Saints have just 7 in 6 games. So Iím still not that impressed here. Holmes is good sure but 7 goals came against those two teams. 3 goals in the rest has him in the middle of the pack. The real point here is that teams 2 through 8 are really close in terms of talent so its hard to make a call on them all.
Preseason: 5th
May: 3rd
June: 3rd

FC Quake
A ††Another solid month from the Quake has them positioned themselves with the best look at locking up the bye. I already said how similar 2-8 here in the above paragraph so here Iíd like to give credit to FC Quake for doing something some teams snicker at but turned to be huge for them. No denying now that adding in Alex Kerr was a huge gain for them. Heís been terrific now in both D2 and D1 level of play. They nabbed him right from the BDSL forum classifieds. Sometimes teams see that as beneath them but you can find a gem or two. Iím thinking of making a FA page next year to help with guys like Kerr more easily latch on somewhere. But just remember this teams. Sometimes itís worth asking a guy there to come play an indoor game or two or just rolling the dice altogether.
Preseason: 10th
May: 5th
June: 2nd

Hamburg Monarchs
F- †So uhÖ..What the hell happened here? Hamburg hasnít scored a goal in league play since May 8th. Thats over two months of soccer. Hamister & Hayes were supposed to be a solid 1-2 punch but that has turned out to be fool'sí gold. Not that they seem to be getting help anywhere else from the team but good lord has this failed. Some easy games left but I mean the way they are playing no game is easy. Right now they should just want a goal then we can talk about a result. Not a good look when a high school varsity team can throw some twitter shade at you and I see it and nod along at it.
Preseason: 8th
May: 10th
June: 11th

Nickel City Wanderers
F ††SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!!!!! THUNDERDOME!!!!!! NICKEL CITY WANDERERS!!!!! DEPEW VILLAGE!!!!! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!!
Preseason: 14th
May: 14th
June: 14th

Panthers
A+ †Panthers continue to cruise to the D1 regular season title. Honestly is there a more unheralded duo in the BDSL the Lee Yawís? At some point they need to get the credit they deserve for leading this side. Only concern is how bad where the Howlett and Schulz injuries were from Tehel Cup. Aside from that tough not to see them be one of the two teams repping D1 in Championship Sunday.
Preseason: 1st
May: 1st
June: 1st

RVS United
B+ ††Surging RVS now find themselves in a playoff spot after a big wins over Williamsville and Elmwood. Ryan Haines is still proving one of the most dangerous players in D1. This team is fairly balanced overall and thats proving to be good enough for a spot here. And the best news for this squad is the July schedule features both Depew and Nickel City. If they donít make the playoffs theyíll have no one to blame but themselves.
Preseason: 7th
May: 9th
June: 5th

SPAL Buffalo FC
B+ ††How is this team just in 8th? That May 4-2 loss to Hamburg now looks really bad and might come back to haunt them. The add of OíMara was very nice to shore up their GK spot. Really they need to got 2 wins in July to get themselves into the mix. Schedule gods were right unfair to them this yes with having neither of the bottom 2 on there. Yapa Barrett and Rider all getting some deserved credit for their roles on this side this season. †
Preseason: 2nd
May: 6th
June: 7th

Williamsville Willies
B+ †††Did what they needed to do in June until the loss to RVS popped up. Donít exactly have an easy end to the year here either with Elmwood and Panthers back to back. One thing we can say is that Yohan Andraud has emerged as a young star in the making leading the midfield of Willies. Overall this is a team that is showing well in their debut season in BDSL. Even if they miss the playoffs altogether itís a good start for them in the league regardless.
Preseason: 4th
May: 4th
June: 6th

EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 434
Team : Roos F.C.
Full Name : Michael Schieber
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top