Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolution 3 - Lasalle 2

2 posters

Go down

Revolution 3 - Lasalle 2 Empty Revolution 3 - Lasalle 2

Post  ajbalsd Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:01 pm

Nope, that is not a typo. We actually scored more than two goals! We had four subs, Lasalle started the game with eight guys (added another at half). The first half saw most of the possession down in Lasalle's end. Not a shock there, playing with a three man advantage. We had plenty of chances, and blew just about every single one. That is, until David "Beckham" LaMastra decided to take a well placed shot from just outside of the 18 (corner of it). He curled it in the top corner. 1-0. Half.
We decided to not play the first 5-10 minutes of the second half, thinking the game was already over. Lasalle was awarded a PK. I was the one who fouled their player, and I was outside of the 18 when it happened. The Ref and AR saw it differently. Oh well. 1-1. Just about 2 minutes later, we were caught sleeping again as Lasalle played one in to their super faster striker who blew by me and beat our keeper. 2-1. That kind of woke us up. We calmed down, and played a better possession game from there. Andy put a beautiful cross into the 18 about 10 minutes later and it was finished off by a perfect header from Nate. A few minutes after that, our Canadian striker, Warren, put on a few moves just outside the corner of the 18. He was able to work out some room, and placed a perfect ball curling into the upper 90. 3-2. It was pretty uneventful as far as fouls or talking. That will happen when you only have nine guys and are running your butts off the entire game. I hope they can field at least 11 next week for their playoff game. We had a great cookout after the game with drinks, hot dogs, cheeseburgers and bacon wrapped shrimp. Like I said, we have the best group of guys anyone would want to play with. We look forward to next year, after our one year playoff ban gets lifted. Cheers!

Oh, and I am pulling for the Devils in the playoffs!
ajbalsd
ajbalsd
College
College

Number of posts : 89
Team : Revolution FC
Full Name : Alan Balsdon
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Revolution 3 - Lasalle 2 Empty Re: Revolution 3 - Lasalle 2

Post  Dave S. Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:20 am

Dave L. scored?  Did he kick it in, or did it bounce in off his walker?  Smile
The man is truly timeless.....

And young Warren too.  The kid is coming along nicely.....

Dave S.
JV
JV

Number of posts : 22
Team : PLYSA Toros
Full Name : Dave Simpkin
Registration date : 2015-05-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum