Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolution SC 2 - Aurora Arsenal II 1

Go down

Revolution SC 2 - Aurora Arsenal II 1 Empty Revolution SC 2 - Aurora Arsenal II 1

Post  ajbalsd Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Well, we really got lucky with the weather on game day. Somehow all of the rain, clouds, lightning, etc missed us. Enough with the weather report...

Both teams showed up with good numbers. We had 16 and Aurora had 16-17. This was probably one of the most even games that I have been a part of in a long time. Both teams had chances from the start. Aurora broke through first with a seeing eye through ball that found its way to the foot of a streaking AAII player for a tap in. 1-0 AAII. That was the first goal we have given up in league play. We didn't let it get us down. Just about a minute later, we found the equalizer. Warren Stanek found Corey DeVille in the center, at the top of the 18. He let a good shot go, and it took a deflection, to the far side, which fooled the keeper a bit. 1-1. We might have had the better pressure for the rest of the half. We took the lead with a few minutes left in the first half. Andy Paige sent a beautiful cross into the 18, near the 6, and Ryan Pulaski tipped it in (with his off-foot no less). 2-1. We were awarded a PK right at the end of the half. I couldn't see from my end, but it was close to not being in the box. It should have been a card. Either way, the keeper came up with a HUGE save. 2-1 at half.

Second half saw much of the same. Both sides having chances, Ben Chang almost took someone's head off with a bicycle kick, and there was a little pushing and shoving. Nothing came from it, and the score ended 2-1. Good luck to AAII the rest of the way.
ajbalsd
ajbalsd
College
College

Number of posts : 89
Team : Revolution FC
Full Name : Alan Balsdon
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum