BUSS 2 - SOHO 1

Go down

BUSS 2 - SOHO 1

Post  B_Calvaneso on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:47 pm

I have observed two common themes among many of the teams in the BDSL.
1. There are a lot of bad referees.
2. Kendrick Lamar is a pretty popular guy (or girl, I have never heard of this person)

Lets start with my second theme shall we?
We had a few guys not able to play because they were at the Kendrick Lamar concert. A bunch of our young guys also had State Cup games earlier in the day and weren't able to attend. So we showed up with 14 and SOHO had 16 maybe. I think 2 or 3 of their guys didn't play so I was a bit confused.

Now to my first theme. I have to disagree with SOHO and even many of the guys on my team. I really didn't think that the head official was that bad. Maybe my standards have been lowered a bit throughout the first few regular season games? But before the game Jordan, the head ref, told myself and Mangano that he was here for us and wanted the captains to talk to him if we had any issues. He said that he didn't want players yelling at him and he didn't want to have to bring out the cards. I relayed that message to my team, I don't know if Mangano did to his team as well. In any case, neither team listed to their respective captains. There were A LOT of yellows given including a double yellow that turned to red for Chris Griffiths of SOHO.
But as far as controlling the game, I thought he did a pretty decent job all things considered. When BUSS and SOHO play it is always a pretty physical affair and not a lot of refs can handle it. I know SOHO will argue that he missed a bunch of calls, and I won't say that they are wrong, but he missed calls both ways. He also made some calls that should not have been fouls. But like I said, all things considered I thought he did a decent job.
He was actually handicapped by the linesman on the far side of the field by the stands. On one occasion the ball went out of bounds for a throw in. It wasn't definitive on who had the last touch so the ref clearly looked over to his linesman for a judgement. The linesman was 4 feet off the line talking to people on the benches.

Anyways, as far as the game went it was what I thought it would be. A low scoring game, with a couple decent chances, and a late flurry for an equalizer.

Hunter Sherman opened the scoring for us on a few nice touches between Musse and Mo that eventually sent Hunter Sherman one on one with a defender. Hunter was able to cut into the middle and blast a shot past Ski.

1-0 BUSS

A few minutes later SOHO was able to tally off a corner. Our marking was not on point as we were one man short marking SOHO players. The ball was sent past everybody and picked up by former BUSS player George Tor. George cut inside and hit a rocket that bounced off the right goalpost and across the 6 to a SOHO player who was able to take a quick tight angle shot that beat Tim.

1-1

Our final goal of the game and the eventual game winner came from our leader Polo. One of the SOHO players went down arguing for a foul on a tackle from Polo at midfield. Polo got the ball up to Musse who slipped his was through defenders cutting towards the middle of the field. He got a touch over to Abdullahi who was crashing from the wing. Abdullahi made the right decision and sent the ball through to Polo on the left side of the goal 8-10 yards out. Polo hit the ball one time off the inside of the post and in.

You can watch the goal here:
https://twitter.com/BUSSBDSL/status/1003686305933529088
2-1 BUSS

The last few minutes were a bit nervy as SOHO applied pressure to get the equalizer. They were unable to and the final whistle sounded giving us the victory.

Man of the match goes to Anthony Saysay as he was all over the field winning balls. His work rate is incredible and he is having a great year.

Up next for your hometown boys in orange are Williamsville Willies next Sunday at D'Youville at 6pm. It should be interesting to see how the newly promoted team fares against us. At any rate, it should be a fun game.

Until next time...

B_Calvaneso
College
College

Number of posts : 69
Team : BUSS
Full Name : Bobby Calvaneso
Registration date : 2013-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BUSS 2 - SOHO 1

Post  nateg on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:30 am

I'll try to keep this short and not get too aggravated (hard to do i know). Im sorry to say, but the head ref was horrid, as were the linesmen. Giving out yellows to both teams for the stupidest things. THIS IS MENS LEAGUE. Chris's second yellow was for.... couldn't tell you what, had people watching the game before us that are refs themselves, couldnt tell me what it was for either. Chris slid for a ball, pulled out of the challenge and the ref gave him a yellow? Meanwhile, a player on BUSS gets called for a foul, ref pulls out his book to give him a card, sees hes already on a yellow, decides to give him a talking to instead, along with MULTIPLE other terrbile calls for both teams. Now, as for the foul at midfield on your play leading up to their goal, (which was offside IMO, can kind of see it in the video you posted) again its opinion and perception for both teams so i wont argue to much. However, it was 100% a foul, without question, AL has the stud marks on his shin to prove it was a foul. Ref was standing right there, put the whistle to his mouth and then just stood there looking dumbfounded. Overall it wasnt a very entertaining game like you said, you know what to expect when we play each other. We were missing 2 key defenders which caused a bunch of us to be playing out of position and it really hurt us. Well played to BUSS, goodluck the rest of the way!

nateg
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 30
Team : Lazio
Full Name : Nathan Griffiths
Registration date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Calvaneso on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Who was offsides?

B_Calvaneso
College
College

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nateg on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 am

The winger who passed it to Polo.

nateg
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 30
Team : Lazio
Full Name : Nathan Griffiths
Registration date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Calvaneso on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:40 pm

He doesn't look off sides in the video. But maybe you had a better angle. Anyways, good luck the rest of the way to you and SOHO.

B_Calvaneso
College
College

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content