Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Spal 1 - OP Alliance 0

3 posters

Go down

Crimson Spal 1 - OP Alliance 0 Empty Crimson Spal 1 - OP Alliance 0

Post  MitchAC Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Hot day on the island. 90 degrees on a large pitch with both teams severely undermanned. We started with 12 men and got our 13th about 15' in. OP started with 11 and managed to get 13 right after our water break. I was real nervous going into this match. Our season has been plagued by injuries, especially our CB. Mike Asbach is out with a stress fracture in his leg. Jared Billica out with a head injury and Alex Greco with a ankle injury. Our makeshift CB of Hannon and Hamiester forming a Ken West connection has done wonders.

The game started with us getting a little bit better of the possession. There was tons of room on the wings. I think OP was trying to conserve energy. Lagno and Barrett were able to play physical in the middle of the field and get the ball back once we turned it over. OP probably had the first real chance on a long ball that Bratos got his hand on and smothered it. Both teams ended up with good possession. I think we probably had the better of it in the 1st, maybe 55-45. Our goal came off a play starting with Lagno in the middle of the field forcing a turn over. Lombardo was able to collect the ball and send Jamie Asbach up. Jamie ripped a shot from a low angle and put it in short side. No one on our end knew it went in. 1-0. That was about 20' in. After that both teams had some great chances but neither connected. Their number 69, 4 and 17 were quick and put pressure on our back line.

Play started getting out of hand in the second half. Jamie Asbach was on a break. There were two defenders running backwards. Jamie went to make a move and number 5? came from behind, bear hugged him and took him to the ground. He had the gall to jump up and said he got all ball before getting him... The ref laughed. We hit a few posts. Lagno had a beautiful chance where their goalie pushed the ball to the side and it hit the inside of the post and back to him.

OP Alliance definitely had the better part of the possession in the last 10' as they were pushing for the equalizer. Bratos was great coming out and stopped a really nice PK. OP thought they should have had a PK on a chance where their player cut inside on Hannon but the player had mistouched the ball with a heavy touch causing it to be out of reach. Knowing this he leaned into one of our players and initiated contact and went down. Our CR, Steve is too good for that and waived it off immediately. At that point they started getting really mad and their parents on the side started screaming "hack them all in the ankles, it's not a foul." Yeah Steve called the game then.

Great game by the back line getting another CS with Bratos in net. Our defense is clicking even shorthanded. Just need to start scoring up front. Next game is against TU.

MitchAC
College
College

Number of posts : 54
Team : Crimson Fire FC
Full Name : Mitchell Altman-Cosgrove
Registration date : 2015-06-15

Back to top Go down

Crimson Spal 1 - OP Alliance 0 Empty Re: Crimson Spal 1 - OP Alliance 0

Post  Matt Marcin...z Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Lol. Alliance are not my favorite team, and I can tell you feel the same way. It's funny, Dwight Eagan describes himself as a 'firm believer in the goodness of humanity' on Twitter...he should look at his own team for evidence to the contrary.

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  MitchAC Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:56 pm

I honestly didn't mind most of the guys. Number 17 who I was defending the majority of the game was pretty funny. We had a lot of laughs over on the left side. I just think there is a jump from HS ball to a men's league and I don't know if everyone understands the difference between being physical and fouling someone. Parents screaming on the side line like that is sectionals or state cup doesn't help the situation either.

MitchAC
College
College

Number of posts : 54
Team : Crimson Fire FC
Full Name : Mitchell Altman-Cosgrove
Registration date : 2015-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  troder Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Matt Marcin aka BDSL Jesus doesn't like OP Alliance because he's 0-3 vs us Sleep Sleep Sleep

troder
JV
JV

Number of posts : 1
Team : OP Alliance
Full Name : Tommy Roder
Registration date : 2018-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down