Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polonia 4 Buffalo Celtic 2

2 posters

Go down

Polonia 4 Buffalo Celtic 2 Empty Polonia 4 Buffalo Celtic 2

Post  Fritz Fri May 24, 2019 9:13 am

On a nice sunny and mild day at a freshly cut Ken East High School Buffalo Celtic had 2 subs and Polonia 5 or 6.

This is were, per BDSLGIFS request, the pleasantries stop.

Polonia are a bunch of goons, punks and weirdos! Marcinkiewicz was not on the field much as he was doing some weird, maybe satanic ritual with face paint, candles and a goat on the sideline. Chuck Donner was drinking the blood of a virgin... he's a vampire, has to be to be able to move like he does out there. The refs absolutely sucked! Every time we scored they would walk the ball down the field, drop kick it into our net and give Polonia the goal. The ref scored twice and each linesman once for Polonia. The grounds keeper is a jerk too... making us carry the nets from down a steep embankment up to the freshly mowed field...the nerve of him. To top it all off Dave Martinez of Clarence YOTES fame shows up rambling incoherently ( I am thinking that it is going to be his next post on the forum about rainbows and butterflies helping them tie another game). You all suck, we are awesome...

How did I do BDSLGIFS?

Ok, now being serious. Polonia did have 4 to 6 subs, and Buffalo Celtic had 2 (not ideal when you are playing a higher division team that is as talented as Polonia).

The field was freshly mowed and we do have to carry the goals up and down a hill at Ken East and the weather was good overall.

Polonia came out flying all over the pitch and had quite of few opportunities to begin the game but our defense, led by the ageless wonder of our own Rolfe Freidenberg held the initial onslaught. About 10 in, one of their stars in the middle of the pitch hit a rocket that ricocheted off of a Celtic player causing a weird spin that made it by me while I decided to take a nap during the game. Weird spin and unlucky deflection and all, I should have that save all day long so a bit pissed at myself for that one. We actually started taking shots yesterday, something we did not do in our first two games of the year and started to created opportunities. Ryan Mangano was a beast up top for us and gave Polonia fits all game. Their Center back was also a beast, punishing anyone that dared to enter his domain (this also led to his first yellow of the game). Chuck Donner continues to amaze with his speed around the pitch and caused issues for us all game. About 30 to 35 in, one of their center mids or striker got free on his preferred left foot just above the 18 and hit a rocket to the side netting. A great strike that I had little chance to get to. A short time later, two of our new members of Buffalo Celtic teamed up to get us back in the game. Ryan Mangano made a great run to free up and pass to Tyler Jimmerson for his first of the season. Just before half, Polonia goes up 3-1 with a break away goal that found its way under me, nice finish but not my best effort. After somehow getting the ball through the middle almost inside our box wide open, I thought for sure the Polonia player was off sides and did not come out full speed as I should have and no flag waving to save me. Half 3-1.

The second half started with Celtic playing better as we worked simple passes to feet that were giving us chances at the other end. Mid way threw the second, Ryan is taking down again by their center back leading to his second yellow and a PK for us. Ryan was stone cold on his execution of the free kick and game is 3-2 with Polonia playing with 10. As it seems to be typical when a good team goes down a guy, Polonia became even more dangerous having a number of opportunities at our goal. With 15 minutes to go, a Polonia forward was freed on a breakaway that Rolfe closed on very quickly. The Ref gave Rolfe a straight Red for the collision as it was outside the box (inside the box its a yellow and a pk per the Ref about the new rules) on a clear goal scoring threat. Truth be told, I thought it was a good challenge and have seen half the refs call it a foul and half not but I do not agree that it was a red though understanding the refs explanation. The other thing that I had issue with was I feel I would of got to the ball before both of them colliding, side to side. Now on the other side of it Polonia, I am sure, feel it was a just outcome. The ensuing free kick soared over the cross bar and went two neighborhoods down. Now both at 10 men, Polonia came on what seemed to be their 20th breakaway, with me making a diving initial save off of a blast of a shot only to watch the young speedster fly by and get to the rebound to slot it home under the leg of our rushing in defender to make the final 4-2.

Tough match, like to say we gave them a battle and maybe stole this one but I am done with morale victories and want that W. Next up is Cav. Marini without our the immortal Rolfe Freidenberg protecting our back line. I just hope the league understands the extent of the foul and not banish him from the Kingdom of BDSL for more than a game as it was not a violent foul by any means and do believe some refs call it and some refs do not ....some refs card it and some do not. Again, this ref crew was top notch! They were consistent, fair and also were willing to talk about calls and decisions which is very much appreciated.

The ref crew did a great job and would love to have them ref all of our games.

Fritz
College
College

Number of posts : 91
Team : Buffalo Celtic
Full Name : Edwin Fritz
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Polonia 4 Buffalo Celtic 2 Empty Re: Polonia 4 Buffalo Celtic 2

Post  Matt Marcin...z Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:18 am

lol, great stuff. Rolfe was cool, commiserating with Derek after the game about their red cards. Wish I could've played more than a few mins in this one. Got to talk to my U-12-U-14ish coach Pat Occhuito Sr after the game; it's a shame I was afraid to talk to him back in '98 or so

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:21 am

Mangano was definitely very good btw...Our sweeper Derek has a lot of pride, for good reason given how he plays, and when he came out of the game he was talking to injured me about how he'd never be forced to foul the guy who turned out to be Mangano under 'normal' conditions (he was hurting a bit that day)...but given of what I saw of Mangano that day, I was defending him a bit, because he had a very good game. Makes sense; know he had a good several years for Soho

GL to you guys btw, get some wins soon eh

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content