Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Reid Gets 3 Goals, Earns Luxury Brand VANIA & DAVID Cowboy Hat-Trick, Clarence Coyotes Get 3 Points, Double Last Year's Points Total, Earn Home Playoff Game

Go down

Alex Reid Gets 3 Goals, Earns Luxury Brand VANIA & DAVID Cowboy Hat-Trick, Clarence Coyotes Get 3 Points, Double Last Year's Points Total, Earn Home Playoff Game Empty Alex Reid Gets 3 Goals, Earns Luxury Brand VANIA & DAVID Cowboy Hat-Trick, Clarence Coyotes Get 3 Points, Double Last Year's Points Total, Earn Home Playoff Game

Post  david martinez Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:50 am

...I eagerly stood near the center line, waving my suede, artisanally hand-crafted VANIA & DAVID (1007 Elmwood Avenue) Cowboy Hat - having just jumped up from my comfortable perch on the bench & with a cheesy, ear to ear grin, I yelled "Reidsy, Reidsy, you deserve it, kid! You deserve it!" - Alex 'the jackhammer' Reid had just scored his (and the team's) 3rd of the evening - there were just 7 minutes left in the game, we had doubled our lead, and were en route to clinching a Clarence Coyote premier playoff spot (after near-relegation just one short year ago) - he happily took the gift as he walked off the field for the sub, half-put it on and did one of those curtsey things - "wait, I'm not trying to sub in," I yelled - "no, I'm beat," he replied - "go in for him, Dave," Gary yelled, "you deserve it," (I thought I heard him say), as I jumped in to help close it out...

...as we closed it out, it dawned on me that that hat retails for over $200, so I snatched it back soon after the final whistle whilst explaining that he (or anyone) can purchase one at the Vania & David shoppe or from the website...

...the weather and the grass field were perfect. We approached the game with confidence, but with a healthy level of respect for our opponent, Queenston. Not only are they a pleasant group of folks, they have good skill, a very good netminder (Netter), and they have had some good results throughout premier and are still alive in the Cup. The whistle blew and both teams started strong, it was fairly even, I thought, but we had a few opportunities more than them. Unfortunately, they converted their first good chance after a neat diagonal through ball sliced through our entire D - their sniper finished cleanly. 0-1 early...

...The first transfer window signing, this year, throughout the entire BDSL, was Alex Reid (Celtic to Clarence). The league's Twitter account labeled the move "a Big One" - that was an understatement. Having played with Reidsy throughout our pre-season warm-up indoor session games, we knew/know that Reid brings a level of skill, strength, and speed that rivals anyone in our league. Plus, the kid always smiles. a Great pickup. -- anyway, yesterday, he received three very nice passes (one from JJ (stalwart play yesterday, as always)), and two from Sammy (who brings magician-like skill to the table game in and game out)) - and potted three beauts - the third was sick...

Our backline and LP1 got it done in skilled, workmanlike fashion - again. A bunch of dudes played 90 (on D and in the middle) and laid it all out there last night. Proud, well deserved win.

3-1 final.

We clinched a home field playoff game.

We continue to move up the table.

david martinez
College
College

Number of posts : 77
Team : Clarence Coyotes
Full Name : David Martinez
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down