Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aurora II 2, WNY United Reds 1

3 posters

Go down

Aurora II 2, WNY United Reds 1 Empty Aurora II 2, WNY United Reds 1

Post  enrique14150 Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

(wood cup - may 27)

I'll do this in bullet points.

-Reds were short 2 players, 3 after I broke my arm and had to get carted off to the hospital
-I heard Aurora played with one fewer after that, appreciate the sporting gesture
-we didn't play bad for being short, but we felt we could've won with our team there (the story of cup games)
-nice goal by Neil Hanson, weird angle shot that went in the far upper side netting
-we got tired after a while and made mistakes
-didn't like our guys getting hit from behind repeatedly and no call

Last edited by enrique14150 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

enrique14150
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 200
Team : WNY United Reds
Full Name : Eric Kolber
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Aurora II 2, WNY United Reds 1 Empty Re: Aurora II 2, WNY United Reds 1

Post  Michael Mroziak Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your arm... here's hoping for as speedy a recovery as possible.
Michael Mroziak
Michael Mroziak
College
College

Number of posts : 50
Team : Polonia White Eagles
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  BSpahn08 Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Sorry about your arm Eric, I hope it heals fast so you can get back on the field. That was by far the worst multi-player collision I have ever seen.

Reds played well for being short and kept it close right to the end.

Aurora Goals:

Cole Munson- 2

BSpahn08
JV
JV

Number of posts : 19
Team : Aurora Dutch
Full Name : Bill Spahn
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  enrique14150 Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks guys. All I remember was coming inside from right back, reading a diagonal through-ball, I'm not sure of much after that but my arm buckled when it hit the ground under me. It hurt like hell and it looked curved, so even I could tell it was broken. Clean break of the radius bone, I got doped up at the hospital afterwards and they pressed it back into place. Friday I had surgery where they put in a metal plate to make sure it heals correctly. I got a long-arm (past the elbow) cast on monday. No word yet of how long I'll be out, I figure 6-8 weeks in a cast is pretty standard for a broken bone (I once spent 2 months in a cast for 3 broken bones in my foot). My summer season is done obviously. When I can play a contact sport is another question - hopefully this fall. I finally feel like I'm totally back to form after having my shoulder rebuilt in 2006, now it's back to square one again.

enrique14150
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 200
Team : WNY United Reds
Full Name : Eric Kolber
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down