Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panthers 0 - 1 Lykan

4 posters

Go down

Panthers 0 - 1 Lykan Empty Panthers 0 - 1 Lykan

Post  bmw Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:24 am

Game was scoreless through about 88minutes until Lykan scored. It was kind of a bogus goal that bounced off a panthers defender and then off a lykan strikers and about a foot over the line. Both teams had ample opportunities to score, and failed to do so. This is not a fun way to lose a game.

bmw
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 45
Team : Panthers
Full Name : Brian Williams
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Panthers 0 - 1 Lykan Empty Re: Panthers 0 - 1 Lykan

Post  sja Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Don’t know what was worse the officiating or our finishing...prob our finishing. Ref blew multiple pk calls. One of our defenders got a punch thrown at him and ref handed out a yellow. When asked why only yellow, he responded it is that or they both get reds. He gave me a warning for almost committing a foul. Not that I tried and missed but that it looked like I was going to? Not quite sure how that works. He booked one of Lykan's players for a comment he did not make. He was brutal. Both sides had a difficult time w/ his inconsistent calls. Lines, while looking like they were the age that getting to second base would be a huge accomplishment, did solid jobs. We need more young refs and linesmen if our league is going to improve from a referee stand point.

Now on to the horrible finishing display. Panthers could have had 5 or 6 goals at half. Lykans had one or two solid opps that they also failed to convert. The teams would have had a better chance scoring at a youth abstinence rally than this game. The Underworld Werewolves got their act together in second half and played much better than the first. Finishing was still an issue for both sides until the header/back/shoulder bouncing goal that was scored with a minute left from a free kick cross that resulted from a call where the Lykan player was initially fouled but the ref played advantage as a teammate had the ball and was attacking but shanked it out of bounds. Pretty sure either you call the foul or play the advantage but you don't get both. Regardless, we lost the game because we failed to capitalize on the numerous chances we had.

After the game, I felt as satisfied as if I was a 2hr captive at a buddies VIP special event…except Richy Williams and Frank Butcher were not dancing.

sja
JV
JV

Number of posts : 21
Team : panthers
Full Name : seth andrews
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  DrewMaloney Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Sounds like this ref came from the Bluto Blutarsky school of reffing.

Kramer- you're on a 2 game suspension of coming out with the Roos for beers and wings. Next time it will be permanent.
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluto Blutarsky Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:43 am

Beer is never Permanent, you don't buy beer you rent it, DUMBASS Exclamation Exclamation
Panthers 0 - 1 Lykan L34f4c4440000_1_8212
Bluto Blutarsky
Bluto Blutarsky
JV
JV

Number of posts : 21
Team : Faber College
Full Name : Bluto Blutarsky
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DrewMaloney Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:00 pm