Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lakeside FC 4 - Aurora 1

+2
E.Hansen
Nicholas_Gagliardo
6 posters

Go down

Lakeside FC 4 - Aurora 1 Empty Lakeside FC 4 - Aurora 1

Post  Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:53 am

Lakeside is never short of great individual effort come game time, but during this second round Tehel Cup match up, Lakeside decided to put forth it's first truly great team effort of the year. Lakeside started fast, controlling the ball from the get go. It only took a few minutes for Pete Marlette to produce the first goal of the game on a perfectly placed shot from a little outside the 18. 1-0 Lakeside. 5 minutes later, however, Aurora was awarded a "pk", and was able to convert. 1-1. Possession evened out for a while, with the two teams going back and forth. Lakeside was able to notch their second of the game when a cross on the ground by Steve Ruotsi was placed into the Aurora net by one of their own defenders on an own goal. 2-1 Lakeside. Lakeside was not done for the half, and when the Aurora keeper got caught out of the net, Mr. Stephen English #8 was able to finish from outside the 18 with a well struck ball while the keeper was running backwards. Halftime 3-1 Lakeside. Lakeside did not let down going into the second half, and continued to pressure Aurora. 20 minutes in, a shot from the side by Pete Marlette was bobbled up in the air by the Aurora keeper, and again it was Mr. Stephen English #8 flying in and going up for the ball, knowing he was going to get crushed by the keeper. He finished with a beautiful header over the goalie, and was promptly destroyed by the Aurora goalie. The goal of the game in my opinion. 4-1 Lakeside. Lakeside stayed back and played defense for the final 20 minutes, allowing Aurora possession of the ball. Aurora just couldn't get anything going, and the game ended 4-1 Lakeside. Good game Aurora, good luck the rest of the season.

Lakeside goals:
Mr. Stephen English #8 (2)
Pete Marlette
Aurora own goal

Two side notes: They say one of the hardest things to do in sports is to repeat. I would like to point out that Mr. Stephen English #8 did just that yesterday, by notching two goals in a repeat performance of last years match up. Also, I am making a separate post in "As the Spheroid Bounces" dedicated to my current thoughts on referees, some of the points relevant to this game.

Back to top Go down

Lakeside FC 4 - Aurora 1 Empty Re: Lakeside FC 4 - Aurora 1

Post  Nicholas_Gagliardo Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 am

Pretty accurate description of the game. Aurora just cannot get an offense going this season, with one of 2 or 3 shots on net coming from a penalty kick. I would say all 4 goals were "errors" on Aurora's part, but Lakeside probably wins this game regardless. We had no movement off the ball, lack of effort by some players and some unlucky bounces. Good luck to Lakeside in the rest of the tournament.

Nicholas_Gagliardo
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 39
Team : Aurora
Full Name : Nicholas Gagliardo
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Hansen Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:13 am

"Also, I am making a separate post in "As the Spheroid Bounces" dedicated to my current thoughts on referees. . . ."

WHY? If you have an issue with the ref's, call Evenhouse. Don't bring it up in a general forum. We are halfway through the year right now and every post has something to do with the ref's. And im not just jumping on you Charlie, it's everyone. We are all aware of the situation, and we are not going to have EPL ref's. And trust me, i'm the last one to side with the ref's, but these guys do what they can for us every week ( except Kramer but that a different story all together ). Again, if there is an issue, call Evenhouse and let him know what the issue is. We all enjoy reading recaps, but holy hell, enough is enough with the refs in the forum, it's not gonna change overnight
E.Hansen
E.Hansen
College
College

Number of posts : 56
Team : Azzurri
Full Name : Erick Hansen
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  LFC#7 Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:20 am

As the captain of LFC I feel I can speak freely for the team, and I would just like to take this opportunity to ask, on behalf of the Blues, our next Tehel Cup opponents Azzurri just one favor... Please call Steve English out on the forum in the days leading up to the game, PLEASE. I guess I should also take this time to thank Aurora for doing so. Good game

LFC#7
JV
JV

Number of posts : 16
Team : Lakeside FC
Full Name : Pete Marlette
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicholas_Gagliardo Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:31 am

For the record, a 3-year old could have scored those goals. Like I said, they were errors on our part, certainly nothing spectular or to be bragging about.

Nicholas_Gagliardo
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 39
Full Name : Nicholas Gagliardo
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  myersjustin Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:49 am

Actually, the only reason we called him out before the game is because we could see you guys have this awesome relationship going. Whenever he plays well on the field you stroke his ego on this forum, showing us all how proud you are of your man. Him playing a "great" game leads to really steamy nights between you two. I get it...kind of. Let me know when you guys get married and we will be sure to call him out before your first night as man and man together. Im sure it will be a night you can tell your friends at Buddies II for years to come. We are here to help.

Sincerely,

Aurora

myersjustin
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 32
Full Name : Justin Myers
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  LFC#7 Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:08 pm

thanks man. Consider this your invitation whenever the event takes place.
Tell you what, I'll even toss the bouquet to your keeper so he can drop it.

LFC#7
JV
JV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Ha, wow, awesome. I guess Aurora could have used a couple of 3 year old's yesterday then? Would have had better finishing? OK, sorry, you started it. But seriously, I am positive a 3 year old could not have scored either of those goals. Not enough muscle mass. Simple as that.

But to Eric, I agree with you on the ref bashing, I was going to write a post in somewhat of a different light. Mostly I think that people choose to referee because they love the game of soccer, and they do the best they can. Why would a ref ever try to be a bad ref, it doesn't make sense, they are all trying their hardest to be fair. I will refrain from writing my longer post because I think most people, including you and I, share the same view: enough about the refs. That is why I did not mention a single thing about the ref's in this game in my original post. We had Kramer for this game by the way. Lakeside had 5-6 yellows and Aurora had 1. Don't let that fool you though, he loves us. It's tough love. He even told our captain that he loves him. Or did he say he hates you? Either way.

Last edited by Charlie Barth on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  bbartosik Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:16 pm

What's the transfer fee for Patrick Johnson?
bbartosik
bbartosik
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 265
Team : Roos FC
Full Name : Brian Bartosik
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  LFC#7 Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:27 pm

if you read what was posted here before, it's completely true. I just decided I dont need to say it here. sorry about that

Last edited by LFC#7 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

LFC#7
JV
JV

Back to top Go down

Post  bbartosik Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 pm

The Roos are boycotting certain refs, (besides Kramer and Evanhouse) and not going up for the coin toss. Id rather take the time stretching and warming up, then dealing with it. We'll give the win to the other team. Maybe next week Tim Donaghy will show up to ref our game. I know he has a serious bet on the Roos vs Lykan.

GO ROOS GO!
bbartosik
bbartosik
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 265
Team : Roos FC
Full Name : Brian Bartosik

Back to top Go down

Post  hammsjesse7 Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 am

All I have to say to Lakeside is welcome to the world of Kramer; It's his world and you live in it. You guys learned throughout the game what it is like and you got smarter as the game went on and just shut up and played. Now you know what to expect the next time, thought you guys handled it well once you realized that you were not going to win the battle with Kramer.

I thought it was a nice win for you guys and the two goals that English scored; a three year would not have scored those goals, but a ten year old, maybe; they were given to you on a silver plate. The first one our goalie was running backwards to net at like the 18 no where near where he should have been and his second was a lucky bounce off his chest and directly to your boys head.

I do believe that you guys deserved that win and played much better than we did on the turf and you guys deserve the credit because you were in the right spots to pounce on our mistakes. You have some very skilled players and will be a very good team coming up, just play the game and deal with the refs and you will be fine.

hammsjesse7
College
College

Number of posts : 68
Full Name : Jesse Hamms

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 6:37 am

SCANlist 2012 Volume 13 #2 COPYRIGHT 2000. All rights
reserved by Author. Updated 12/11/2000 for Denver and the North Eastern
Front Range of Colorado.

This on-line publication is free of charge. Feel free to pass this
on to others.

Updates to this publication and additional resources are available from
the SCANlist webpage at http://scanlist.homestead.com/

Use of this on-line publication for monetary gain or republication for
profit without permission of the Author is prohibited. Keep it free.

Please send all E-Mail correspondence regarding this on-line
publication to: kb0qaf@hotmail.com

Use of this information in the commission of a crime is prohibited
and prosecutable by Local, State & Federal Laws. I do not assume
responsibility for misuse of this information.

Due to the nature of Public Safety Communications frequencies and use
are constantly changing therefore I do not assume responsibility for
changes, incorrect information and omissions. Use of this list is to
enhance one's use of a scanner or wide coverage receiver.

At the time of release of this file there are no known mobile scanning
laws within the state of Colorado. However due to 'home rule' jurisdiction
allowed by the state it would be wise to check on local regulation in your
area.
-------------
Car Parts | Auto Parts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down