Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azzurri 2 TCFC 0

2 posters

Go down

Azzurri 2   TCFC 0 Empty Azzurri 2 TCFC 0

Post  E.Hansen Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:21 am

Good game last night considering the conditions. Azzurri was missing quite a few guys including our regular keeper. However, Dale did a great job getting the shutout. Back and fourth play for the most of the game. The 2 goals came on clusterf***s in the TC box that were converted by Azzurri.
E.Hansen
E.Hansen
College
College

Number of posts : 56
Team : Azzurri
Full Name : Erick Hansen
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Azzurri 2   TCFC 0 Empty Re: Azzurri 2 TCFC 0

Post  Michael Schieber Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:11 pm

despite the weather conditions, TCFC and Azzuri played a spirited match with Azzuri taking it 2-0

From the start players on both teams knew this would be a good game as many recongized each other from indoor games at Sportsplex. Average Joes (Azzuri) and Real Crew FC (TCFC) had a heated rivarly up there. They played three sessions, meeting in two championship games (splitting each) and a final opening round playoff game (azzuri winning). Despite the previous bad blood between the sides this was a pretty clean affair between both teams. Maybe it was the stakes or the weather but both teams played under control.

1st half: opened up with azzuri attcking early. TCFC defence held strong though conceding multiple corners with no damage being done. TCFC then picked up their own midfield play and began to effectively counter the Azzuri attack. About 15 mins in, Azzuri finally broke through. A corner kick deflected around in the box until it found the foot of a Azzuri player who struck a hard shot. The TCFC goalie was inexplicably on the ground already, (i can remember if i fell due to weather, or i was down after going up for the initial cross in or whatever) and could only manage to get a piece of it as it went in. 1-0 Azzuri.

2nd half: really pretty even half. both teams had numerous chances to attack. Good work by both defences though as they smoothered each advance. Azzuri again was able to convert with about 10 left. A low cross was played in and Azzuri forward moved around the TCFC defence and beat the keeper from about 8' out on a well placed finish. TCFC pressed forward though. The main problem became accuracy as most shots flew past the net, not even testing the Azzuri GK. 2-0 Azzuri.

Overall a well played game on both sides. I was happy with the way my team came to play against a premier team. Thanks to the Azzuri forward who choose not to decapitate me on a play towards the end of the game. i'm sure that woulda been a bad thing all around for both teams so im very glad you held up. GL in the next round Azzuri. TCFC is already ready for next years Tehel Cup. Hopfully we'll draw the roos next years so we can knock them out again.
Michael Schieber
Michael Schieber
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 435
Team : Roos F.C.
Full Name : Michael Schieber
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Azzurri 2   TCFC 0 Empty Re: Azzurri 2 TCFC 0

Post  E.Hansen Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm a midfielder, not a forward by any means Very Happy