Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empire 90- 4 Roos - 2

Go down

Empire 90- 4 Roos - 2 Empty Empire 90- 4 Roos - 2

Post  DrewMaloney Thu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

I typed a ridiculously long and amazing recap of this game on my phone during my lunch hour, but I was unable to post it (Damn you Opera Mini, you not a superior to my standard web browser).

Roos had 11, Empire had 12. Roos had a glorious opportunity early in the game but the keeper made a nice save. Empire came back and sent a nice ball into the six which was finished with a header I believe. Roos didn't waste any time squaring the game back up. Derrek Basile comes through again and scores almost immediately off the kick off, tying the game at 1 a piece. Back and forth play for the rest of the half that saw no really solid chances by either side. Halftime score 1-1. Second half saw E90 come out flying, putting heavy pressure on the Roos shorthanded and injured defense. The pressure paid off and resulted in a PK for E90, which was nicely finished. A tired Roos team who was running out of gas found some legs and Pat Johnson made a great individual effort, fighting off a defender to tie the game at 2. Conditioning certainly played a factor in this game and the Roos just couldn't hold off the constant attack of Empire 90, who scored shortly after off a corner kick. Roos didn't create many chances after that, and E90 kept up the pressure, scoring a goal with about 4 minutes left, sealing the game.

Clean game for the most part, E90 has a good group of guys, save for #9 on Empire 90. A poor show of sportsmanship would have him fitting right in with the U10 kids playing the game on the adjacent field. A refusal to simply shake a Roos player hand after a hard 50/50 and continued mouthing off to well respected, Ian Matthews, led to the only yellow card of the game.

Had a great crew of refs. Would love to play Empire 90 when both team have their full squads.
Roos can run with any team in the league. Roos players could walk away with their heads held high, this was a full hearted effort by all 11 men. Frustrated faces at the end of the game show that nothing less than winning is acceptable on the Roos sidelines this year. A welcome change from last year. Roos get better with every week that passes, this team has no ceilings. Next up, Yemen at the cage.
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down