Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tehel Cup Final

+4
bbartosik
Ski
Joel Maxson
sully
8 posters

Go down

Tehel Cup Final Empty Tehel Cup Final

Post  sully Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Celtic 4 - BSC 1

The game was a lot closer than the score indicates. Celtic opened the scoring in the second half taking a two nothing lead. BSC pressured to pull one goal behind on a ball that was at least two feet over the end line. Being down a goal BSC pushed ahead but as most games go we were able to counter attack and put two goals in and shut down any attempt of an attack. Overall the game was officiated rather well with a little rough stuff at the end, but what do you expect in a Tehel cup final and two teams with some history behind them but also respect for each other. Great game by both teams and the officiating crew.

sully

sully
College
College

Number of posts : 63
Team : Celtic
Full Name : Chris Sullivan
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Tehel Cup Final Empty Re: Tehel Cup Final

Post  Joel Maxson Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:43 am

How about some props to the scorers? Who were they?

Don't have them signed to long term deals and afraid someone else is gonna offer them huge contracts for next season?

Congrats on the win! Another piece of hardware for the Celtic trophy case. sunny

Joel Maxson
JV
JV

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Ski Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:49 am

Tehel Cup Final 100_0511
2008 Tehel Cup Champions!
Back Row (L-R) Brian Benson, Matt Romano, Matt Mahaffee, Steve Butcher, Cory Cwilinski, Tommy Huebsch, Frank Butcher, Jay Manno, Dave Hogan, Sydney Silverstein, Mike Silverstein

Front Row (L-R) Jason Ballock, Mark Konistich, Charlie Woods, Richard Wilson, Bryan Staniszewski, Chris Sullivan, Garrett Sengbusch

Photo taken by Rachel Manno.

Goal Scorers - Richard Wilson (2), Cory Cwilinski, Tommy Huebsch

You can check out the Tehel Cup at it's new home, for the next year, at Soho.
Ski
Ski
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 162
Full Name : Bryan Staniszewski
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  bbartosik Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:03 am

A bunch of the Roos guys came to the game to witness fan favorites Sully, Ski and Tommy Heusbch.

Great game by Celtic. Nice to see Ski drinking from the Tehel Cup. Hopefully the Roos will be doing the same in August with the D1 trophy.

Roos are planning to come hard at Un-Restricted Free Agent Sully this off-season. A 12 beer per game salary is being offered for his services and leadership on the field. Not only that, but this guy would sell alot of Roos jerseys with his name on it. The offer will be made when free agency starts on September 1st. And if getting strobe lights and introductions is what we have to do to get Tommy Heusbch on our squad, you can bet we will be getting introduced like Will Ferells Tropics team in Semi-Pro.

Nice turnout by the Celtic players at the BSG for wings and beer after the game with the Roos

Looking forward to the Celtic/Roo partnership next year. I think everyone should get a day with the Tehel Cup and take pictures of what they do with it.
bbartosik
bbartosik
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 265
Team : Roos FC
Full Name : Brian Bartosik
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Garrett Schuler Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:27 am

Congrats to celtic on the big win.
Garrett Schuler
Garrett Schuler
College
College

Number of posts : 54
Full Name : Art Vandelay

Back to top Go down

Post  CrispyLony Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:01 pm

you know it's a sad day when tommy heubsch scores on you!

good job to celtic. hopefully we'll get some revenge in the play-offs
CrispyLony
CrispyLony
JV
JV

Number of posts : 20
Team : BSC Raiders
Full Name : Chris Billoni
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sully Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:35 pm

isn't your last name spelled Bologna- not billoni? At least that's they way it's spelled in Wegmans and Tops!

sully

sully
College
College

Back to top Go down

Post  B-Lo Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:11 pm

Congrats to my Celtic brothers.... I wish I could have been there. You've made the Old Bhoys proud (which a couple of you are nearly eligible for affraid ) Now on for the Double fellas!! Great job!
B-Lo
B-Lo
College
College

Number of posts : 70
Full Name : Brian LoPresto

Back to top Go down

Post  bbartosik Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Where were all the Celtic II boys for Celtic's Beer Blast at Soho and Tehel Cup Championship?
bbartosik
bbartosik
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Ski Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Needless to say, I am a bit sore today from that hit last night. I believe the man who hit me was Jesse Mankowski. I am feeling it today my neck, my shoulder, and my back a little bit. I hope you are as sore as I am. Thank you to Sully, for defending me on the play.
Ski
Ski
MLS
MLS

Back to top Go down

Post  B-Lo Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:27 pm

bbartosik wrote:Where were all the Celtic II boys for Celtic's Beer Blast at Soho and Tehel Cup Championship?

Well the Old Celtic Guys aren't allowed in SOHO. Apparently our creepy babe hawking, sleeve-less flannel shirts, and end-less price negotiations aren't popular over there. We are resigned to drinking in our backyards and sometimes Magruders.
B-Lo
B-Lo
College
College

Number of posts : 70
Full Name : Brian LoPresto

Back to top Go down

Post  DrewMaloney Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:43 pm

I couldn't believe I actually got Sully's autograph last night, it's good to see a superstar still connect with his fans like that. He even came to say hi during halftime, a true showmen of the game id have to say. Also, to see Mookie play is like watching an Olympic athlete break a world record, breath taking would be an understatement.

Celtic looked like the Roos in a Roos/queenston game. a truly dominating performance. it was good to see the celtic 2 guys show up to support their father team. i counted 1 guy. Even holland represented better than Celtic 2.

BSG was a great time. I don't know what was more entertaining, watching Celtic win or watching Garrett interact with females. All I can say is keep that guy out of co-ed.

Looking forward to meeting Celtic in next years Great American Bash on the Sunday after the 4th.
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney

Back to top Go down

Post  sully Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Drew- you were suppose to keep the autograph on the low down/down low. You know how many phone calls i've gotten since that post. 3 all of them from bartosik! great job, now your autograph is only going to be worth 5 million instead of 10 million. As for the great american bash, why don't we just keep the summer league going till the fall starts and get a couple cases of beer some baseball bats and get dizzy and drunk. First team to have all their guys puke lose! Let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestions feel free to email them to by secretary at staniszb15@yahoo.com he will be able to get in touch with me and discuss our options.

sully
as one of my favorite rappers once said

no diggity no doubt

sully
College
College

Back to top Go down

Post  bbartosik Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:44 am

Ski. Jack is suffering from the same types of symptoms. Except that I think yours were primarily caused at a soccer game and his were caused from a late night with the old pool boy in Myrtle Beach.

Underground is always a great option if Celtic II and Sully are looking for a nice, chill place downtown. It's a pretty hidden place, so if you find it, you might want to enter through the backdoor
bbartosik
bbartosik
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Ski Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 am

The amazing part is, you know about that bar. It's ok Brian, it's time to come clean and accept yourself for who you are. Come out of the closet!
Ski
Ski
MLS
MLS

Back to top Go down

Post  Garrett Schuler Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:37 am

Bartos, I love the picture of herbert but it does open you to comments like the one from ski. Also, how did Sully get thrown into the conversation about undergrond?
Garrett Schuler
Garrett Schuler
College
College

Number of posts : 54
Full Name : Art Vandelay

Back to top Go down

Post  bbartosik Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:57 am

Sully had a hot tub party with some ladies after the Tehel Cup win and we did not get invited. Plus I am still awaiting my inflatable beer couch from Soho

Ski and Sully have gone to underground so much for couples night, that when they go there, they are only known as the true Underground members: Harriett Tubman and Frederick Douglas

Sully, the 12 beer salary per game is still on the table from the Roos for 2009. Girls will be purchasing t-shirts that say "I got Roo'ed by Sully" 75% of all sales will go right to you. Think about it.

And yes. That's Major Magic. I miss that place. Could of been a great BDSL sponsor Neutral
bbartosik
bbartosik
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Ski Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Don't you have a job or something better to do with your time?
Ski
Ski
MLS
MLS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ski Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:55 pm

This is for Romano.