Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erie County FC 0 - Revolution SC 8

Go down

Erie County FC 0 - Revolution SC 8 Empty Erie County FC 0 - Revolution SC 8

Post  ajbalsd Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:19 am

We were back on the little field at WSSC to face Erie County FC. We had 14 show (went down to 13 early, after Brett Koeppel made the smart move of not pushing his injury) and ECFC had 13-14 as well. The wind was gusty, which helped the ball play tricks on you....

Early in the first, Ryan Pulaski applied a tremendous amount of pressure, finding his way inside the 18 and the 6. He sent a ball across that ECFC attempted to clear. Unfortunately, it was struck in the direction of one of their defenders, and found its way into the net. Own goal, 1-0. (I remember almost the exact same thing happening to me, on the same field, a year ago). Ryan would get on the board a little later. ECFC's keeper had an amazing game, making some incredible saves. However, he would like our second goal back. After a long pass to Ryan went long, their keeper came out to play it. He decided to do his best Bill Buckner impersonation, and the ball squirted out behind/through him. Ryan tapped in the loose ball. 2-0. I think Dan Pulaski had the third goal to finish out the half, bouncing it in off of the far post. 3-0 to end the first half.

We jumped out quickly in the second half. My memory isn't the best, so I am just going to try and rattle them off (sorry boys). Matt Jankowski had a very nice goal off of a blast just outside the 18. Dan scored again, but I can't remember how that went in. Andy Page had a beauty go in, a nice little floater/fade that went in off of the crossbar. Ryan added another goal, I think off of a cross from his brother Kyle Pulaski. Nate O'Donnell scored a nice goal as well. Frank Huber had the clean sheet again. The boys on ECFC were a good group. Nothing chippy, no yelling, and great effort. Best of luck to them moving forward. It seems time for the inevitable/annual tie against Stone Jug next week. I hope they wear their neon jerseys.....
ajbalsd
ajbalsd
College
College

Number of posts : 89
Team : Revolution FC
Full Name : Alan Balsdon
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum