Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amherst vs Lazio Highlights

2 posters

Go down

Amherst vs Lazio Highlights Empty Amherst vs Lazio Highlights

Post  YElite Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:40 am

I really did not intend this to be a spaghetti western. Great game, it was really getting interesting in the second half, had there been more time, would Lazio have game back against a stingy defense in the Sharpshooters, we will never know. Respect to Amherst for taking out a premier team. 2nd half Lazio was putting on pressure, but the game was called short due to the pending hurricane. Very Happy 

P.S., you can go to my channel on youtube Yemen SoccerClub to view all my videos. Not sure if you can full screen it here. Also visit our club website at www.yemensoccerclub.com

YElite
YElite
College
College

Number of posts : 86
Team : Yemen Elite
Full Name : Faress Saleh
Registration date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Amherst vs Lazio Highlights Empty Re: Amherst vs Lazio Highlights

Post  trlawler Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:43 am

I just typed up a whole write up and somehow deleted it, so I'm going to keep this even more brief than the first time. Thanks Faress for the video. I should've made it 1-0 early on a breakaway, but put the shot right at the GK. We scored to make it 1-0 about halfway through the first half when Jason Harris beat the Lazio defender and slotted a ball across for Brendan Lawler to finish. Falconer managed to clear a ball over his own crossbar and onto the roof of the school from 2 yards -- pretty impressive clearance. We should've had a pk when Oliver Jackson got taken down in the box. We made it 2-0 when Oliver swung in a great free kick to the back post from about 30 yards. GK was frozen waiting for the header, but it just grazed the Lazio defender's head and continued on its path into the side netting. Lazio had some chances too, you can watch them on the video. 2-0 at the half. Unfortunately our GK suffered an injury prior to the game and played the first 55 minutes on one leg. Luckily Lazio didn't notice for a while. They were able to score 5 min into the second half off a long ball that Ricky took down and finished nicely. I think if Marcus had been healthy, he would've claimed the original ball, but who knows. After the goal we made the tough decision to put me in net because at least I had two functioning legs. About 2 seconds before the game would be called for lightning, Loncar served a ball across the box and Lazio had an open chance at the back post to tie the game, but were unable to make good contact and I was able to scoop the ball up. The game would never resume. 2-1 final. Good game from Lazio, good luck the rest of the season.
trlawler
trlawler
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 134
Team : Amherst Sharpshooters
Full Name : Trevor Lawler
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down