Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUSS vs Rush FC

2 posters

Go down

BUSS vs Rush FC Empty BUSS vs Rush FC

Post  B_Calvaneso Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:46 pm

The game started after a 20 minute thunder/lightning delay. We probably should have postponed this one but we decided to soldier on and play through the rain.

Rush FC showed up with 9 and we had 15. They got another guy about 10 minutes in and we had one arrive a few minutes later.

As expected playing a man down Rush had a bit of a hard time getting possession. They have a few solid players and their counter attack game was good. Lots of boot and chase from them but their forward was persistent on our defenders, rewarding his team with a hard work goal. Rush also got a lucky deflection causing an own goal.

It was a clean game other than the last few minutes when it got a little chippy. Specifically when one of their forwards got mad because our defender cleared the ball out of bounds and it landed in the trees next to the field. He told us that we had to buy him a new ball because we kicked it out there. He got a bit chippy afterwards and threw some hard fouls.

Overall we played a solid game, moving the ball well while avoiding the puddles. The rain got to both teams evenly, making it a bit sloppy.

3 goals by Anthony Saysay, 2 from Miguel Rumbo, and 1 from Polo.

Shane reffed a good game other than the yellow he gave me in the last few minutes. He admitted after the game that I didn't earn it, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rush FC is a good team for sure. With a few more players and under better conditions it may have been a more even game. Good luck to them during the rest of the regular season.

A rematch with Lazio is next on our quest to the Tehel Cup.

B_Calvaneso
College
College

Number of posts : 69
Team : BUSS
Full Name : Bobby Calvaneso
Registration date : 2013-04-17

Back to top Go down

BUSS vs Rush FC Empty Re: BUSS vs Rush FC

Post  Matt Marcin...z Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:01 am

I caught the last 15 minutes of this one (I had been down the street at the high school for a ceremony for graduating seniors, my brother being one), and whoever was playing right forward for Rush...that guy is going to have to be reckoned with when Polonia plays them.  I'll have to request playing left back for that game as opposed to my normal right...not saying I'm as fast as him (because I'm not), but I like to think I anticipate well enough to try to deny him the right position on the field...I think most are losing in a footrace there

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  B_Calvaneso Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:57 am

And you didn't stay to say hi after the game?

B_Calvaneso
College
College

Number of posts : 69
Team : BUSS
Full Name : Bobby Calvaneso
Registration date : 2013-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:52 am

Ha, sorry...blame it on the rain...or (mostly) the fact that I was halfheartedly considering going to Thursday at the Harbor even though I didn't know who was playing (turned out to be someone I wasn't interested in...Shaggy, a guy I vaguely remember hearing on the radio in...the nineties I think. Google tells me 2000. Weather was better there and beer was being served, which is ultimately all that matters)

Best of luck against Lazio

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content