Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haz Benz 2, Marksmen 3

Go down

Haz Benz 2, Marksmen 3 Empty Haz Benz 2, Marksmen 3

Post  BHastings Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Took a nice drive to Tonawanda to play Haz Benz on one of the better grass fields in the area (it was concrete and dead grass but even surface). Biggest debate was if the place was called Ives Pond Park and if so where the pond was.

Both teams ended up with 12-13 guys. Haz Benz started short and it was showing early. About 15 minutes in John Wright flicked a long ball over the defense to hit Colin O'keefe in stride who then chipped the keeper. Haz Benz didn't back down and had numerous chances however, and their power forward up top a few minutes later tied it up after breaking through the defense and knocking it in through me. Closing minutes of the first half Pat Donovan nicked the ball back after the ball came from out wide and Wizz (Andrew schultz) stepped up and took a shot from ~25 yards (and with the help of a big deflection off of the defender) went far post. 2-1 at the break.

Haz Benz kept knocking on the door in the second half. Every shot they took was on frame or hit the post. After one of the most bizarre plays i've seen in my soccer career, Haz Benz striker #80 got through our defense after a quick free kick and was brought down in the box. I saved the penalty resulting from this, and things seemed to be fairly smooth sailing, until HB had a string of passes that led to a volley from outside the 18 that I was not expecting at all, beats me near post. poop. 2-2. That woke up our team and within minutes broke out of our defensive half and Miller played a long ball up to the Blonde Bomber Colin O'keefe who rounded the keeper and placed it home. 3-2 final.

Haz Benz offered us pizza and beer after the game, and because of some of the questionable calls, the refs didn't get any. Great group of guys who've been in the league for a long time now. Great respect to them and on to next week, where we host Aftershock: rematch from our first game ever. More pumped about the fact we don't have to drive to Yorkshire to play them.

BHastings
JV
JV

Number of posts : 13
Team : Youngstown Marksmen
Full Name : Ben Hastings
Registration date : 2016-05-06

Back to top Go down

Haz Benz 2, Marksmen 3 Empty Re: Haz Benz 2, Marksmen 3

Post  BHastings Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:57 pm

after quick proofreading I just noticed sh*t was autocorrected to poop. this forum is amazing.

BHastings
JV
JV

Number of posts : 13
Team : Youngstown Marksmen
Full Name : Ben Hastings
Registration date : 2016-05-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum