Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Spal FC 3 - RVS 1

Go down

Crimson Spal FC 3 - RVS 1 Empty Crimson Spal FC 3 - RVS 1

Post  MitchAC Mon May 21, 2018 9:48 am

First off, once again I would like to send my best wishes to RVS' keeper who looked to suffer a gruesome knee injury in the last minute of the game. As soon as we saw him go down in pain we called the ambulance who got there about 15 minutes later to take him away. Both teams were pretty somber, for good reason, after a very clean and friendly game.

Both teams had good numbers yesterday. We have 5 subs and it looked like they had 5 or 6. RVS really controlled the play for the first 10-15 minutes of the game. We always stumble out of the gate when we go from our home field to a much narrower field. The first half was pretty tame with the exception of a few good chances. RVS had a golden opportunity where Bratos made a brilliant save. I got caught looking and their striker went for the tap in off the rebound when Bratos made a second unbelievable save. RVS had a few more chances when we settled in and started to dictate possession. Our best chance of the half came from Jamie Asbach who rocketed the ball off the left post which bounced up and hit the crossbar and went out. Nasty. 0-0 HT.

Second half started and we were ready to go out of the gate. A nice combination play sent the ball in the air to Scott Barrett who tried to bike it but ended up misplaying it off his face instead. Luckily, the ball bounced over to Paul Lagno who put it in the side netting. 1-0 CSFC. The second goal came minutes later where Lagno received the ball in the middle of the field and sent Stryker out wide in on a break-a-way. Stryker snuck the ball right under the diving keeper. 2-0 CSFC. Not even 5 minutes later an identical play saw Stryker in again alone on the keeper. This time he mistouched it just slightly and the keeper was able to collect it. We had a few more chances and Bratos had just a few more saves to make. RVS scored with about 15' left in the game when their striker shot a ball which deflected off two of our players and rolled slowly into the side of the net. 2-1.

With less than 2 minutes remaining Scott Barret sent Jamie Asbach in on goal on a break-a-way. I believe the ball bounced high into the box, not sure though because RVS keeper didn't try to grab it. The ref thought the same though. Instead the keeper jumped in the air to either head it or block Jamie off. Jamie headed the ball around the keeper and slotted the ball into the net. Meanwhile, the keeper came down wrong on his knee and crumbled. I didn't get the greatest look because I was focused on Jamie finishing but we immediately heard screaming from the keeper.

We wish both RVS and their keeper the best of luck. RVS is a good team and had some great chances. I hope that the injury wasn't anything serious.

MitchAC
College
College

Number of posts : 54
Team : Crimson Fire FC
Full Name : Mitchell Altman-Cosgrove
Registration date : 2015-06-15

Back to top Go down