Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FC Quake 4:3 Dutch FC

Go down

FC Quake 4:3 Dutch FC Empty FC Quake 4:3 Dutch FC

Post  aeaton Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:49 pm

4pm kick at Walden Pond Park showed FCQ with 6 subs and Dutch with 3. Turned out to be a beautiful day in Lancaster mid 70's sun slight breeze. I must add that this pitch is one of the nicer grass ones I have played on in recent years.

The match started off great for FCQ picture perfect play for probably the first 20 minutes. This was the best movement I have seen us create all year. We had one of our defenders finally cleared to play after missing the first month and week of June. Clifford was a beast, came in and looked as if he has played with us for years. Mastrangelo would get us on the board first as Hanley chipped the back line and Mastrangelo went 1v1 with the keeper and chipped him with his first career BDSL goal, it was a beauty! Dutch thought he was offside, after reviewing the tape at the time the ball was kicked it was very close some will say off some will say on. Personally I think it was down to an inch of being on, different angle could show differently though. Anyways, we felt like we were clicking on all cylinders and that nothing could go wrong. Mammoliti received a ball and played it cool as he back healed the ball past a defender to Mastrangelo who found Iwankow for the empty net to make it 2:0. We got complacent and did not keep the pedal down, Dutch started to get in and making more timely runs, and started to create havoc on the backline. Finally Dutch found a sprinter who came in on a breakaway and made no mistake putting them within 1. FCQ third goal started as an excellent build up that from the FCQ backline and ended with Walker finding Mastrangelo to put into an empty net for his second of the match. Half time 3:1 FCQ possession somewhere in the 65/35 area favoring FCQ.

Second started out and Dutch were determined to equalize, it was as if a new club appeared off the bench for them as they were out for glory. Second started with a little back and fourth not giving to much either way, finally half way through Dutchs wonderboy Owen Adamec worked down into the box ripped a shot a little deflection off a FCQ defender and found the back of the net on a nicely placed shot, 3:2. Dutch had their confidence back and really was pressuring for a while there. FCQ would once again retake a 2 goal lead with Iwankow flicking on Mammoliti who made no mistake 18 yards out 4:2. Nearing the end of the match around the 80' mark we took an awful foul which gave Adamec a free kick from around 25 out. This was an absolute beauty of a shot finding the side netting no match for me, 4:3. The final 10' had Dutch pressing for the equalizer and a couple nice looks but nothing near the frame. 4:3 final from Walden Pond Park, possession around 55/45 FCQ for the day. In what might have been our worst defensive matches in a while our offense were the ones to bail our side out!

Solid effort from Dutch, great group of guys over there. Adamec is a phenomenal player does not matter if 2 guys are on him he finds a way to get through. Good luck the rest of the way!

aeaton
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 118
Team : FC Quake
Full Name : Adam Eaton
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down