Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSC Inter: 0 - Westside: 0

Go down

BSC Inter: 0 - Westside: 0 Empty BSC Inter: 0 - Westside: 0

Post  bmini Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:03 am

With the way the championship is unfolding, I have a feeling we are really going to want this game back. All the credit to Westside, who played excellent defense in their final third and forced us into taking shots outside the 18 to try and break the tie, but we should have produced more. We did not have our usual weapons today, with injuries, vacations and FC Buffalo taking a large core away. Mike Johnson filled in admirably as an emergency center back with Ross and Lee gone, and I dusted off the mitts to step in for Arcara, who is apparently somewhere on the west coast sunbathing and giving people one word answers for the next month.

First half set the tone for the entire game. We would build up into Westside's end, control the ball through the wings, look to move the ball inside or cross into the box, and find little space with 7-8 defenders behind the ball. Westside stayed disciplined and tried to see what their two forwards could do on the counter against our utility defense. There were few clear looks from either side. I'd say we have the greater share, but several heavy touches kept us from getting in one on one with their keeper for the best looks.

Second half we modified our approach. Westside continued to give us the wings and clog the middle, however this time we opted for a short passing game to keep them moving. To say it worked would be ignoring the score, but we opened up a lot more clear looks and shots from distance. Liam, Roberto and Jenaro really controlled the tempo from the middle. As for chances, we had some close range efforts Otto and Jenaro are clearly going to want back, and Westside's keeper played a clean second half, making several saves to keep the tie. Westside did make use of some counter attacks in the second half, and brought one or two chances close to scoring, but the game at this point was really about seeing whether we would break the scoreline. We didn't. Frustrating end to the match.

Good game to Westside and best of luck to you guys. As I saw mentioned on Twitter, the match was well officiated and there was little to no jawing throughout. Just wish more scoring.

bmini
College
College

Number of posts : 60
Team : BSC International
Full Name : Brian Minehan
Registration date : 2013-06-19

Back to top Go down