Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D2 Playoff Predictions

Go down

D2 Playoff Predictions Empty D2 Playoff Predictions

Post  ajbalsd Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:12 am

It sucks writing this knowing that we will not be part of the playoffs this year. But, that's how it goes. Anyways, here is a totally biased prediction as to how the D2 playoffs will play out:

Olean vs. GWB - It didn't work out that well for GWB the last time they rented a bus and headed down to face Olean. I know how tough a team GWB is, but I'm not sure they have enough to take them down a second time around. I think this game will be closer than their first meeting, but I don't see GWB pulling it out this time (sorry boys, it hurts to pick against you).

Olean 4 - GWB 2

Celtic 1888 vs. Youngstown Marksmen - I am a little bitter about this game. First, we had more than a handful of chances to beat Youngstown to punch our own ticket, but couldn't find the back of the net. Second, this game will not be played at the KE field, which is a blessing to both teams (that field needs to be relegated next year!). I think 1888 is the all around better team here. I was very impressed with them after our meeting earlier in the year. I don't think they will have a tough time beating Youngstown.

1888 4 - Marksmen 1

Celtic Brigade vs. West Seneca Panthers

Brigade was the best team we played all year, hands down. They have a super young team with a ton of talent and speed. That combination is going to be very tough for any team to combat. I don't know much about the Panthers, but I do know that they are no slouches themselves. I just don't see them having enough to get by Brigade.

Brigade 3 - Panthers 1

West Seneca FC vs. Lykan United

This one is going to be a coin flip. We did not face either of these two teams this year, so I'm going off of their record and an educated guess (always dangerous). I think that West Seneca pulls this out in extra time.

WSFC 2 - Lykan United 1 (ET)

Semi:

Olean vs. WSFC

I think Olean will just continue to roll through another playoff game. I think WSFC has enough fight in them to make it a close game, but not enough to pull out the win and advance to the championship game. This is pretty impressive for a team in its first year to be heading to the championship game. They put together a great team, and I think it pays off for them.

Olean 3 - WSFC 2

1888 vs. Brigade

This should be a very interesting and highly competitive game. They tied each other way back on the first Sunday of the season. They both have a ton of skill, young guys, and speed. I might have to clear the calendar so that I can watch this one as it should be very fun and entertaining. This will be decided in extra time....

Brigade 3 - 1888 2 (ET)

Promotion Game:

1888 vs. WSFC

I think 1888 will have a chip on their shoulder for not making it to the championship game. They will have something to prove, and will want to show that they belong in D1 with Brigade. Also, I would like to see both Celtic teams promoted so that we don't have to play on that damn KE field next year!

1888 4 - WSFC 1

Championship Game:

Olean vs. Brigade

This game should be just as, if not more entertaining than 88 v Brigade. High paced, with tons of skill. Olean might be a little jet lagged from travel for this game, having played the first two at home. That will give the slightest edge to Brigade in a fun game. Yup, going with the upset in the final.

Brigade 4 - Olean 3 (ET)

(This also accomplishes the goal of not having to travel down to Olean next year too!)
ajbalsd
ajbalsd
College
College

Number of posts : 89
Team : Revolution FC
Full Name : Alan Balsdon
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down