Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STREET SOCCER CHARITY TOURNAMENT 2019 benefiting WSISoccer

Go down

STREET SOCCER CHARITY TOURNAMENT 2019 benefiting WSISoccer Empty STREET SOCCER CHARITY TOURNAMENT 2019 benefiting WSISoccer

Post  mescobar Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Compete in the Buffalo soccer community's new summertime tradition that supports soccer opportunities and youth mentorship programs for refugee and low income children of all ages (4-19), both boys and girls! Enjoy food, fun, and friendly competition! 1st and 2nd place team prizes will be awarded.

The tournament details:
•When: August 10th, roughly 9am to 3pm (we sometimes end sooner) + an afterparty (location TBA)
•Where: Front Park, off Porter Ave, near the Peace Bridge – we play on the pavement in the parking lot
•Who: This is aimed at adults and ages 17+, coed with no gender requirements per team (all women, all men, anything combos in between, etc)
•What:
--Games are played as 4v4, no goalies (small goals), in 22 minute games on small sided courts (sneakers are fine). We use a “crease” rule to minimize goal tending. We use small futsol style balls, generally designed for pavement (we plan to play on pavement).
--Teams get a minimum of 3 group stage games + playoff opportunities.
•Why:
--Because these kids are worth it. We could tell you stories of how kids who were on the verge of suicide were positively impacted by the program and are now leaders in their teams and amongst friends. We could tell you stories of how many kids have avoided negative influences by having the positive influence of soccer in their lives. We could tell stories of how teachers saw grade improvements by how much the kids had been absorbing through soccer, behaviorally. We’re not here to say it’s more worthy than any other charitable cause – but it takes a lot of $ to provide house and travel opportunities to kids and the organization needs your help! Think it goes to waste? 70% of our coaches this past winter came from former players in the program giving back who are now in college an onto the next phases of their lives.
--Plus you get an event t-shirt, raffle prizes such as signed Bills & Sabres memorabilia, and an opportunity to play in a fun tournament event!
•How: ask me for the eventbrite link (my old BDSL forum ID expired so I created a new one but it won't let me post external links yet Sad )
--Early bird pricing ends Sunday, 7/14, $100 per team; $120 thereafter
--Gather 4-6 players for your team and submit your roster! (we aren’t sticklers on roster changes; we’re just trying to avoid duplicate registration)
--We’ll send you your first game time and be in touch prior to the event on next steps!

Please submit team name/color, roster, and shirt sizes.

Call Mateo Escobar at (716) 536-0944 for more info.

mescobar
JV
JV

Number of posts : 1
Team : Lackawanna FC
Full Name : Mateo Escobar
Registration date : 2019-07-11

Back to top Go down