Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOLFPACK 1 ROOS 4

2 posters

Go down

WOLFPACK 1 ROOS 4 Empty WOLFPACK 1 ROOS 4

Post  aeaton Thu May 24, 2012 9:57 pm

The Roos outplayed the pack tonight and the better team prevailed. The Roos had golden opportunities one right after another, throughout the match. I lot of through balls that led to breakaways or two on ones. The Roos had their first goal gift wrapped inside the 18 as the defender failed to clear the ball basically giving the opposition a great look that was capitalized on. Second Roos goal was a nicely placed worm burner from outside the box, got a palm on it but was not enough. The Roos went up 3-0 after miscommunication between me and the last defender he thought the ball had enough to reach me and I thought he had it in the air regardless the Roos placed it in the open net. Aaron Anaya would get the pack on the board before half to cut the deficit to 3-1. Wolfpack had a few great chances that could not be capitalized, hats off to the Roos keeper with some impressive saves tonight. The Roos would finish us off with a 2-0 inside the box and put it top shelf. The pack started to play a better in the second half but could not score on about 4-5 beautiful chances. Good luck the rest of the way in the Tehel Cup Roos.

aeaton
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 118
Team : FC Quake
Full Name : Adam Eaton
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

WOLFPACK 1 ROOS 4 Empty Re: WOLFPACK 1 ROOS 4

Post  DrewMaloney Thu May 24, 2012 10:51 pm

You low rent son of a itch...... Winning team should get first post.

We have only seen wolfpack play once against Lakeside in the Tehel Cup last year. So that is all we had to base this game off of. It was very different that what we thought. I saw no dives on their side and their players weren't scum as we expected. They definitely had a few.... number 6, 1, and 9 I believe were pretty garbage. They would be better players if they didn't spend most of their time on the field being scumbags going for the body and taking out ankles. Outside of that, Wolfpack were solid dudes.
I have to question their attack strategy. Wolfpack had no build and seemed to only try to play the long ball. their 2 forwards were fast as a mother, but against our smart sweeper Brian Durfee that wasn't going to fly. They had some good opportunities on counters, that was really the only thing they even tried doing. That came after we were already up 3-0 and they finished on a nice goal. We definitely let off, still had a ton of opportunities that we couldn't finish.
4-1 was the score, but it really wasn't as close as that. I think the Wolfpack would be better off building from the back and keeping the ball on the ground. Play through balls from the mid. Their forwards fly, but if you shut down the long ball they seem to have no answer. No attempt to even have possession. Field was beautiful, it was a clean game, which honestly we were not expecting.
A few puzzling moments on the field, like, when down 4-1 they had a quazi chance and their forward kept yelling "GET SOME!!!! GET SOME!!!!" Egg on his face as the chance went way wide. That was weird. Also a few times when they simply won a throw in, a player on the field would say "Thank you." That kind of behavior won't make friends, and it apparently won't win games either. So knock that garbage off.

Both goalies played pretty unbelievable. This game could have realistically ended 15-8. But hats off to Aeaton and Greg Slabyk. They both played out of their minds.

With a few easy fixes in strategy, I can see the Wolfpack competing well in Championship if they win their division this year, especially with the speed of their forwards and extremely solid keeper. As I said he played fantastic, the only mistake I really saw was on the second goal of the game. About 30 out from Roo forward Ryan O'donnell, he seemed to be a bit far out of net but still made a nice attempt and almost got it. I wouldn't mind stealing one of their forwards when we get to premier next year. Very Happy

Good luck to Wolfpack the rest of the way. We will do our best to honor your performance in Tehel last year.
Roos goal scorers:

Mike Schiappa
Ryan O'donnell
Scott Campbell (2)
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  aeaton Thu May 24, 2012 11:34 pm

I was actually waiting on you to post no joke. But as I lasted on the couch having myself a end of tehel cup drink I figured I would post. But spot on with your analysis of the match.

aeaton
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 118
Team : FC Quake
Full Name : Adam Eaton
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  DrewMaloney Fri May 25, 2012 1:07 am

understandable. I was going to do it earlier but I went for a drink at our sponsors bar then had to head straight to work. You had an admirable recap of the game. Very well done. I'm actually kind of mad the game went as smoothly as it did. I was hopin for some big controversy. Big disappointment for the league as a whole. But sometimes that is how it works. The only thing that will save this lame ass tournament is a Roos Lakeside rematch. I wanted to play wolfpack but not until later in the tournament! DAMMIT!
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content