Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LP1: PK SV, SO Clarence: 2 CK G, 3 PTS -OR- LP1, Chris Cournan & Co's Coyotes Continue Crushing Competition, Curtail Celtic Campaign, Quaff Cans

Go down

LP1: PK SV, SO Clarence: 2 CK G, 3 PTS -OR- LP1, Chris Cournan & Co's Coyotes Continue Crushing Competition, Curtail Celtic Campaign, Quaff Cans Empty LP1: PK SV, SO Clarence: 2 CK G, 3 PTS -OR- LP1, Chris Cournan & Co's Coyotes Continue Crushing Competition, Curtail Celtic Campaign, Quaff Cans

Post  david martinez Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 am

I saw two things yesterday that I have never seen in a game of which I was a part:  A goal scored directly off of a corner kick (CK) and a goalie catch a penalty shot.

With about 10 minutes left in the game and up 2-0, the opponents were awarded a penalty shot (PK).  The ref saw a hand ball, but we argued that it was a header.  I can't see s**t and refuse to use rec specs, so I didn't argue anything.  After the game, Chris told me it was a header.  The center ref, I thought, had a fantastic game otherwise.  Anyway, LP1 fell left and caught the ball?!  I had never seen that in my 34 years of playing... Granted, it scooted out for a second afterwards, and he gobbled it up again -- but, it was pretty sweet...

Our first goal came in the first half when Super Gary took a corner directly at the goalie, who, basically, palmed it into side netting.  I don't think I've ever seen that either - maybe during one of our Regional Runs with Hector Vasquez' Delaware Express in the early 90's, but I can't remember s**t, and I refuse to admit it, so, for all intents and purposes, that was a first.

1-0 half.

I kept waiting for subless Celtic United to get tired, but those kids stayed running around.  They worked hard and played well.

The Clarence Coyote defensive line consists of superhumans.  They played very well, and even when one went down, AZ filled in nicely.  

Derek was our MVP last night.  The kid runs like a Gazelle but has the tenacity of a Hyena.  

Incho is one of our biggest guys, but, he is, on most nights, ironically, one of our most beaten up.  Yesterday was no different.  He took an early elbow and, later, came off looking like a mix of Sloth from Goonies (the first one), Rocky (the first one) Balboa in an early round vs. Apollo Creed (the first one), and some deformed Unicorn (the only one) with a tan.  That didn't stop our offensive ace: midway through the second half, Derek placed a perfect corner (CK) into the box and Incho unicorn smashed that puppy right off of his hematoma and past the goalie!  Big insurance goal - our second goal off of a set piece.

I made a field goal (FG) from 3 1/2 yards out.

2-0 final (5-0 if you count the FG).

We drank cans of beer after.

Clarence strengthen hold on fourth place.

david martinez
College
College

Number of posts : 77
Team : Clarence Coyotes
Full Name : David Martinez
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down