Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarence Coyotes Capture Canine Classic Crown, Ponder Playoff Possibility

Go down

Clarence Coyotes Capture Canine Classic Crown, Ponder Playoff Possibility Empty Clarence Coyotes Capture Canine Classic Crown, Ponder Playoff Possibility

Post  david martinez Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Throwing a bunch of Wolves and Coyotes together on another day may result in some red wolf whelps a couple months later - but this past Sunday, the result was somewhat different...

The Clarence Coyotes are back.  On a balmy, bouncy-pitched Sunday, we maintained composure, controlled most of the game, and turned yesterday from what could've been another Monday Morning Bluesfest, complete with relegation chatter, into my logarithmic analyzation of each and every possibility of Clarence' 2018 return to our perennial playoff perch!

Needless to say, the game went well.  The game was quite clean - Referee Ashley said, after the game, that she only called 5 or 6 fouls.  There may've been a few more, but I was impressed at how collegially both teams approached the meaningful match.

The first 10 minutes or so were evenly matched.  Both had a few subs.  It was hot out.  My rec-specs developed a bit of condensation.  Then we turned it up a notch.  Chris "Barracuda" Berardi, pulls more rabbits out of his hat than David Copperfield.  The kid's control, pace, & skill is impressive.  He bounced around about 15 or 20 minutes in and calmly buried one - it may've been his first in the regular season - the eventual game winner.

1-0 Coyotes

Steady Sammy Sutherland - speedy-gonzalezing around like a bat out of heaven - buried one side netting later on that half to give us a 2-0 lead going into the half.

We pepped talked up the fact that the game was big and we couldn't give our opponents any opportunity to have a whiff at getting within one.

LP1 and our backline was up to task.  They neatly kept the Wolfpack out of the area, aside from a few opportunities.  I thought both teams worked hard.  I thought the refs have been doing a very good job all season.  Yesterday was no different.  I thought we were the better team, yesterday - and the 2-0 final score was fair.  We, actually, could've scored 1 or 2 more, but their keeper made a couple very good, acrobatic saves -- I remember one, where he - somehow -pirouetted/chickenwinged the ball between his calf and hammy, and glove...well done.

Anyway, we are still in the hunt for hardware.

david martinez
College
College

Number of posts : 77
Team : Clarence Coyotes
Full Name : David Martinez
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down