Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lakeside FC 3 | Blackwatch Mutiny 2

5 posters

Go down

Lakeside FC 3 | Blackwatch Mutiny 2 Empty Lakeside FC 3 | Blackwatch Mutiny 2

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Account Deleted

Last edited by Charlie Barth on Wed May 14, 2014 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Lakeside FC 3 | Blackwatch Mutiny 2 Empty Re: Lakeside FC 3 | Blackwatch Mutiny 2

Post  myersjustin Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Wow, nice finish. Good Re-Cap. Sounds like a well played game. Beating Azzurri, BSC and Blackwatch is no small feat and you jokers actually deserve it. Congratulations on a strong run.

myersjustin
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 32
Team : Aurora
Full Name : Justin Myers
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Lakeside FC 3 | Blackwatch Mutiny 2 Empty Re: Lakeside FC 3 | Blackwatch Mutiny 2

Post  slabyk Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 pm

again, congrats to lakeside.
good to see a team comin from all odds to win the tehel cup. i hope you boyos realized what you accomplished. playin on the home turf helps, but again congrats. good to see a d1 team winning this shiz.
slabyk
slabyk
College
College

Number of posts : 58
Team : Roos FC
Full Name : Greg Slabyk
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  senglish8 Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:33 pm

In the most intense battle in Lakeside FC history, the boys in yellow continued their dream season by narrowly escaping with a victory against an intimidating Blackwatch squad. Congrats to our opponents on a good Cup run. They were the best team we played all season, and I’m still having trouble figuring out how we won. I would like to thank my teammates for such an exciting ride—I couldn’t imagine a better group of guys to play with. I think our chemistry on the field is due in large part to the friendships we all share. Also, I think now is a good opportunity to acknowledge the efforts of Charlie Barth—it’s not easy keeping a group of guys on the same page without a coach, but the Lakeside manager made it look easy. He already has our team refocused for the match against Empire 90 on Sunday, as LFC (sorry Lykan, I feel like we have earned the rights to that name) eyes win number 15 on the season in the illustrious D1 championship.

Lakeside Football Club—2009 Tehel Cup Champions:

Colin Morrissey*, Stephen Ruotsi, Peter Marlette*, Evan Ortolani, Brendan Lachaal, Joseph Walter, Maxwell Ruotsi, Elliot Johnston, Cullen Harwood, Charlie Rockwell, Dean Rockwell, Andrew Lepore, Peter Randaccio, Derek Carless, Rick Pierce, Kyle Westerholt*, Stephen English*, Matthew Winkel, Charles Barth, Matt Westerholt*, Ben Walsh

* = Member of 2007 Tehel Cup champions Woodland United Wanderers

Tehel Cup goal scorers:

4—Peter Marlette
4—Stephen English
3—Kyle Westerholt
2—Joseph Walter

Tehel Cup MVP: Rick Pierce—in our 5 Tehel Cup games, he surrendered only 5 goals against (including 1 on a PK, and 1 on a perfect free kick.) He earned 1 shutout against a talented Azurri team, and made 2 outrageous saves in our shootout win against BSC.

senglish8
JV
JV

Number of posts : 19
Team : Lakeside FC
Full Name : Stephen English
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  clarkie6 Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:15 am

Let me preface this with saying congratulations, again, lakeside.
Now, can I get any insight into your first goal, offside, not offside?

clarkie6
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 107
Team : Panthers
Full Name : Eric Clark
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  lakesidenumberfive Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:56 pm

I played the ball to Marlette, and I am pretty sure your right back was behind him when it left my foot. Also, wasn't the center back holding at that time? I'm not good at remembering goals, so I could be wrong, but that's how it replays in my mind.

lakesidenumberfive
JV
JV

Number of posts : 5
Team : Lakeside FC
Full Name : Stephen Ruotsi
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down