Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tehel cup final

+9
Fifthace5
Garrett Sengbusch
LFC#7
Nicholas_Gagliardo
DrewMaloney
senglish8
ArtVandelay
myersjustin
bmw
13 posters

Go down

tehel cup final Empty tehel cup final

Post  bmw Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:26 am

Anyone know the venue?

bmw
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 45
Team : Panthers
Full Name : Brian Williams
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

tehel cup final Empty Tehel Cup Final - Lakeside vs Blackwatch

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:10 am

Account Deleted

Last edited by Charlie Barth on Wed May 14, 2014 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

tehel cup final Empty Re: tehel cup final

Post  myersjustin Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 am

Who cares about the venue. It's Lakeside. They are the obnoxious cousin that comes to visit for the summer and you cant wait for them to go away. Maybe next year in Premier, Lakeside will get rid of the enormous chip on their shoulder.

Hopefully all you see on their sidelines are a bunch of parents who were forced to come and cheer for their little pride and joys.....

myersjustin
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 32
Team : Aurora
Full Name : Justin Myers
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtVandelay Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 am

Ahhh yes... that dreaded cousin that is just better than you in every aspect and your parents like better than yourself?! I hate them too!!

edit for typo... charlie would not like that

ArtVandelay
JV
JV

Number of posts : 21
Team : BSC Raiders
Full Name : Joe Walter
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  senglish8 Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:00 am

Brian Williams of the Panthers asked a legitimate question, so obviously some people out there are interested in the venue. It's at Nichols next Wednesday at 6:30. Consider this an invitation Justin Myers. Please come, and bring all the ugly girls that attend your home games. After a long, miserable season, I'm sure they would love to see some real soccer.

I like your cousin analogy. If I had a cousin that came home every summer and kicked my ass and made me look bad in public, I would want to get rid of him too. And please, there is no chip on Lakeside's shoulder. You keep posting about us on the forums, which a) makes you look bad and b) feeds our motivation to win. And by win, I mean win against real teams, not the sad excuse for a team that you fielded in the Tehel Cup this year.

Lakeside is considering creating a Lakeside II team next year. If you are tired of losing, you are welcome to try out. I can't guarantee a roster spot, but anyone that gets cut will be sent to Aurora to bolster their lineup.

senglish8
JV
JV

Number of posts : 19
Team : Lakeside FC
Full Name : Stephen English
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  senglish8 Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:04 am

I forgot to include my favorite stat on the season:

Aurora: 2 wins in 14 games against Premier teams
Lakeside: 4 wins in 4 games against Premier teams

senglish8
JV
JV

Number of posts : 19
Full Name : Stephen English
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DrewMaloney Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:26 am

All I know is Lakeside got shalacked by the Roos last year, then used a ringer in dizzy bats coupled with a poor personnel choice by Roos (choosing Greg Slaybk to rep the Roos) narrowly won.
Having a chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of some Roo players at the last meeting, Charlie Barth failed to consume one beer. Pretty disappointing, I would hope other members of Lakeside are disappointed in his performance as well.

It's a shame the things seem to be heating up just as the season is ending. Seems to be a trend since I remember the same thing happened last year. Lakeside is a good addition to the league with the strong showing on the forums. Other new teams should use them as an example. Good soccer and good posts. Don't get me wrong, I, as well as most of the league, still hates Lakeside.

GO ROOS GO!
GO CELTIC GO!
GO NSA GO!
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicholas_Gagliardo Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:42 am

"You know how I know Lakeside is gay".....

-They posted their pictures on the BDSL
-The only females who showed up to games were their Mom's and Sisters.
-From what I hear, don't like to drink beer

Nicholas_Gagliardo
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 39
Full Name : Nicholas Gagliardo
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  LFC#7 Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:04 pm

You know how I know Nick Gagliardo is obsessed with Lakeside FC...
a) He was on Lakesides page on the BDSL site
b) He checked to see if there were player pictures

You know how I know Nick Gagliardino isn't too smart...
a) He inadvertently admitted both of those facts on the forum

I really would just stop posting Aurora, you can't keep up. Sorry

LFC#7
JV
JV

Number of posts : 16
Full Name : Pete Marlette
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicholas_Gagliardo Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Unfortunately you did not defend the Mom/Sister and beer statements, so I'll assume there's some truth to that.

Nicholas_Gagliardo
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 39
Full Name : Nicholas Gagliardo
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Account Deleted

Last edited by Charlie Barth on Wed May 14, 2014 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Garrett Sengbusch Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Each post just gets better and better.

Garrett Sengbusch
JV
JV

Number of posts : 16
Team : Celtic
Full Name : Garrett Sengbusch
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  myersjustin Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:45 pm

I have no problem admitting you guys are a better team than we are this year. You proved so by beating us 4-1 earlier. You are a talented team that has quality players who have deservingly made it to the finals. That wasnt what I was trying to raise with my earlier posts.

I was trying to say, in a harsher matter(sorry) that if you didn't come across as such arrogant little DB's you might get some more respect and support. Having a D1 team go to the finals is good for this league. I'm the first to wish a respectable, quality team good luck.

With that being said this is pretty ridiculous, entertaining for sure, but stupid. Maybe after you guys win/lose in the finals on sunday we could have a water or two and bury the hatchet. Should be a couple of us out to Bully's or Goodbar and depending on who the bartender is I might buy you guys a couple beers......or a shirly temple.

myersjustin
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 32
Full Name : Justin Myers
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtVandelay Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:04 pm

I do love me a good shirly temple... can you just promise to make sure mine has extra cherries in it?

ArtVandelay
JV
JV

Back to top Go down

tehel cup final Empty sorry to interrupt this thrilling discussion...

Post  Fifthace5 Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:04 pm

We have a team going up to Canada THIS SATURDAY, and we need a few players. Our team that goes up there consists primarily of Premier Division players, and a few players from Canada. A few players backed out at the last minute and we need like 2-3. Defenders/Midfielders preferably. There is a good chance to take home a good amount of cash. Email me @ ANIKEDY5@AOL.com (please put SOCCER as the Subject) with your Name, Cell phone number, and what team/position you play on right now. We are looking for premier or D1 players.

NOTE: Our team won a similar tournament a few weeks ago, and we have the majority of the guys coming back. And last year, we took 2nd place in this tournament. $$$.

I WILL GET BACK TO YOU TONIGHT OR TOMORROW BEFORE 5 AT THE LATEST WITH INFORMATON.

Thank you.

PS. Contrary to popular vote, Roos/Lykan players may be welcome.
PPS. No ButcherS allowed (meaning, 1 would be alright, but not 2).
Fifthace5
Fifthace5
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 41
Team : Lazio SC
Full Name : Andy Nati

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:43 am

Account Deleted

Back to top Go down

Post  CrispyLony Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:11 pm

Lakeside reminds me of that Geneseo team that made it all the way to the Final Four in the 2004 NCAA Tournament. In no way was Geneseo the 4th best team in the nation, but with a little luck and the other teams missing their opportunities, those mighty Geneseo Knights were able to win 5 games (basically all upsets) and go to the Final Four.

Lakeside, although far more annoying of their accomplishments, deserve some credit for making it to the finals. A win is a win and they have won a lot of games to make it here, but in no way does this mean they are better then all these premier teams. Losing to them in pk's was the second lowest point of my summer. The first had to be when Joe Walter bought me a mike's hard lemonade downtown...and i drank it.

Live it up now Lakeside, because I know I will be looking for some sweet revenge next time we meet.
CrispyLony
CrispyLony
JV
JV

Number of posts : 20
Full Name : Chris Billoni
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtVandelay Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Geneseo IS the most glorious school in NY state.. maybe the nation!.. but thats a discussion for another day.

Billoni i know you enjoyed that mikes lemonade. I saw you go up there and buy like 6 more that night just for yourself!! Never even thought to return the favor.. all the while stumbling and drooling all over yourself (they hit ya pretty hard if your not careful). Geesh...i guess Lakeside players just have a bit more class ya know?!

ArtVandelay
JV
JV

Back to top Go down

Post  Fifthace5 Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Honestly Charlie, you are out of line. You dont know me, and you dont know my intentions on this thread. I apologize if you thought what I posted was inappropriate for your sacred thread. My intentions clearly were to get a few more decent players for a tournament that has nothing to do with the BDSL. If you want me to be honest, I put it in this thread because I knew people would look at it here, and I figured Id get some good players to email me (which they did). The Lakeside players were in mind here. You need to relax a little bit, stop trying to be defensive, and starting issues with people/teams on this thread. I enjoy the Lakeside threads because they are entertaining, and from what I hear, you guys are a talented group (as I hope to witness myself on Wednesday night). But you boys need to keep it lighter and get that chip off your shoulder... or it will definately be knocked off next year.

On a lighter, and far more important note, good to see Chris Billoni posting. Sorry I missed the games against BSC, but it would have been good to catch up with ya there man. Good luck in the playoffs.

Predictions:
Snyder Storm - 2010 Premier League Champs
Frank Butcher for BDSL President in '10
Fifthace5
Fifthace5
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 41
Team : Lazio SC
Full Name : Andy Nati

Back to top Go down

Post  sully Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Wouldn't a "CHIP" also be considered a indentation? Such is the case in the conversation amongst 2 skilled craftsman

"I took a big stinking chip out of that piece of wood!"

or the discussion amongst a dentist and his patient

"You chipped your tooth pretty good pal!"

Chip in these statements do not refer to big shoulders or egos.

Andy could you please clarify what type of chip are you talking about??

Sully

AND THIS IS 100% a JOKE - - no need for anyone to get CHIPPY!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sully
College
College

Number of posts : 63
Full Name : Chris Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 pm

Account Deleted

Last edited by Charlie Barth on Wed May 14, 2014 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  slabyk Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:52 pm

so it looks like brett farve really retired from the nfl.

also, im thinkin of changing banks... any suggestions?
slabyk
slabyk
College
College

Number of posts : 58
Team : Roos FC
Full Name : Greg Slabyk
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Ski Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm thinking Arby's!
Ski
Ski
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 162
Full Name : Bryan Staniszewski
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DrewMaloney Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Slaybs, found a guy worse at Quickdraw than you..... Pat Coleman from Lykan. I think he played like 9 games in a row (4 numbers a game) and didn't hit one in any game. It was pathetic, much like Charlies ill-fated attempt to get people to like Lakeside by posting paragraphs about players on his team. Stick to blaming the ref for your losses skip.
DrewMaloney
DrewMaloney
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 407
Team : Boomslang FC
Full Name : Drew Maloney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content