Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Niagara FC - 1, BSC International - 1

Go down

Niagara FC - 1, BSC International - 1 Empty Niagara FC - 1, BSC International - 1

Post  rp16okee Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm

I'll start off by saying how much I enjoyed playing in this game. It reminded me why I love championship division; it is not the prettiest form of soccer, but there's always 22 guys on the pitch every sunday ready to play hard to get a win for their club. We were also overwhelmingly honored to be named the championship division game of the week by the prestigious BDSL Rumors twitter account.

We knew we had to come out strong...BSC's undefeated record and +12 goal differential through 4 games did not go unnoticed. One of our squad's strong suits is our defensive line, who all came to play today. We were able to hold off BSC's long-ball attack and disrupt their passes through the middle to limit their chances against our back-up keeper Nick Colao, who played a phenomenal game in net making a few key saves throughout the 90'.

Our continued offensive pressure paid off about mid way through the first half. We won a throw-in near the left corner of the 18 yard box that led to a ball on Cesar Carlin's foot who sent a beautiful ball into the box. Tyler Van Buren found the other end of the cross with his head and put one past the BSC keeper (who also had a good game).

A second half handball in our own box led to BSC's only goal of the match, and yet another PK goal against Niagara FC (5 total goals against, 3 of which are PKs). Chances were back and forth in the second half, I wouldn't have been surprised if the score ended 2-1 either way. Nonetheless we maintained a good shape and closed out the game 1-1.

Good game to International, and hell of game to my boys in blue. Despite only taking 1 point from the match, it was some of our best soccer in the past couple years. We are looking forward to taking on the Beast at home next sunday at Fort Niagara 6:30 p.m.

rp16okee
JV
JV

Number of posts : 5
Team : Niagara FC
Full Name : Ryan O'Keefe
Registration date : 2018-05-07

Back to top Go down