Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSC Raiders 5 Aurora 3

+3
Ski
bbartosik
Nicholas_Gagliardo
7 posters

Go down

BSC Raiders 5 Aurora 3 Empty BSC Raiders 5 Aurora 3

Post  Nicholas_Gagliardo Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:06 am

This was one of the most entertaining games in a long time for Aurora. It was competitive, intense and was a complete blast to play in. BSC is a solid team and could win the cup for sure. They controlled the majority of the first half, but Aurora kept it tied 1-1 at Halftime. The second half would be more even, with goals scored back and forth until a BSC 4-3 lead, then BSC scored again right at the end to make the final 5-3. Aurora goalie was playing injured, probably didn't help on a couple goals. In the end, it was a great game, refs did a fine job and let us play. Good luck to BSC in the rest of the season.

As for Polonia calling out winning the league....didn't we beat you like 9-0 last season?

East Aurora #10

Nicholas_Gagliardo
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 39
Team : Aurora
Full Name : Nicholas Gagliardo
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

BSC Raiders 5 Aurora 3 Empty Re: BSC Raiders 5 Aurora 3

Post  bbartosik Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:40 am

Aurora takes BSC Raiders to a 5-3 game and they post about the game and give praise to BSC and nobody from BSC can even respond back saying that it was a well played game and give Aurora any praise. All of these premier teams only except to win. This is exactly why premier has to have a Round up post each week posting the results. Premier only cares about assembling teams to win games. Half the teams probably dont even know each other or are friends. I'd rather play with a close knit bunch of guys, than some assembled championship team anyday. No disrespect to Ski here, seing that he's a great guy and plays on a premier team, but I feel that Aurora should get some respect, but apparently BSC is not on the forums because they are too classless to give any other team respect, even when they win, because it is just expect. LOWEST!

If any team is to win the Tehel Cup, I'll take Celtic, because they are classy guys and actually are a team. Other than that, I hope a D1 team wins and puts Premier teams in their places

GO ROOS GO!
bbartosik
bbartosik
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 265
Team : Roos FC
Full Name : Brian Bartosik
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Ski Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Not every team has players that look at the forum. The forum is fun, but not for everyone.

Correct me if I am wrong, Brian, but isn't the point of playing is to win? Yes, I know, winning is not everything. But when one can play with a group of friends and assemble a team to win, that is fun. The Roos are a perfect example.

We would have loved to play Roos in the Tehel Cup. Not just because Celtic would have beat you (although it would have been a good game), but for the shear fact we would have had a fun drinking and playing world cup afterwards.
Ski
Ski
MLS
MLS

Number of posts : 162
Team : Celtic
Full Name : Bryan Staniszewski
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  bbartosik Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Yeah, understandable Ski. Sometimes it's just nice for some teams that played hard and showed that they can compete with the best, to earn some type of praise.

I felt the same way after the Lazio Stallions game. Lose to a top team on a PK call 2-1. It shows that some d1 teams can compete with top premier teams.

Well since BSC didnt say it. Congrats on a close game and for giving BSC a run for their money.

Go Celtic in Round 3 - Roos will be there for the game.
bbartosik
bbartosik
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 265
Team : Roos FC
Full Name : Brian Bartosik

Back to top Go down

Post  Smitch83 Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:18 am

On behalf of myself and the rest of the Aurora team, the praise is much appreciated, Brian. Nothing against BSC, they're a great team, but it's similar to high school in that we're just a bunch of guys from East Aurora playing against, essentially, a select team or private school that can recruit guys from all over the region. In my senior year, we made it to states, just to be matched up against Rochester Aquinas, a private all boys school. We end up tied 1-1 at the end of regulation and take them to double rounds of PK's before finally conceding. They go on and end up winning the state championship that year. We have no business being in that game, similar to the game against BSC, simply because we're just a bunch of guys from East Aurora and didn't recruit kids from all over Buffalo. I agree that it's a much better time when you’re able to have a few frosty Bronson’s after a game with a bunch of guys that you're friends with, versus everyone parting ways and only seeing each other again the next Sunday. I'm certainly not complaining, since it was a great game and very competitive, but clearly the team that gets guys from all over the region has a leg up on everyone else. Regardless, if we have to give up a premier division championship, just so that we can play with our friends, I'm absolutely fine with that.

Smitch83
JV
JV

Number of posts : 22
Team : Aurora Arsenal
Full Name : Matthew Smyczynski #3

Back to top Go down

Post  Fifthace5 Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:06 pm

Any team that plays BSC well (from what I am reading in this post) does deserve a good amount of respect. They are one of the best teams, and have been one of the best teams in this league for the past however many years. But, I think you guys are underrating the premier teams level of friendship with each other. For example, our Lazio team may have only been together for 4 years, having some new faces each year, and yes some players are picked up because of their skill level (obviously) but we actually do hang out with each other outside of Sundays. We are a very close team, and I think it shows on the field. Next, the Lazio Stallions. Most of those guys have been together since they were ten years old. They have played in numerous state cups together, and have played at the highest level that they could for all of those years. Pat, Fidelli, Duffy, and the rest of those boys are good guys, and are very close. Next, we can move on to Celtic. They have been together for a long time. Im sure Ski can account for the closeness of their group. Those bhoys are a good group of guys (yes Frank included, lol) and they love to compete hard on the pitch. The final team I can speak about is Inter. They are all friends off the pitch too. I will not speak on the other teams (Blackwatch, Azzurri, and Holland) because I do not know them as well. But, from the way they compete with each other every Sunday, in a tough league where EVERY game is highly skilled and competetive, you can believe that they become good friends (if they were not already).
Fifthace5
Fifthace5
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 41
Team : Lazio SC
Full Name : Andy Nati
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Smitch83 Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:25 pm

My apologies Andy, since I didn't mean to generalize and conclude that none of the players on any of the "select" teams were friends. Aside from Lazio, Lazio Stallions, and BSC, I believe all of the other teams are made-up primarily of guys from whatever area their respective team is based out of i.e. Inter is made-up of guys from Elma, Celtic is comprised of guys from west seneca/south buffalo, etc. I guess I was just trying to point out that whereas all of the guys on our team are from East Aurora and have grown up together, most of the guys on the three select teams only see each other on Sunday's and aren't as tight. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule. I was more so referring to BSC, as I heard numerous times players asking other players what certain guys names' were.

Smitch83
JV
JV

Back to top Go down

BSC Raiders 5 Aurora 3 Empty clueless people

Post  bsc dynamo Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:12 pm

haven't been on this forum in over a year and all i can say is some of you guys are clueless. apparently i am classless because i don't post recaps and give the other teams their "props." my response is who cares. if you need to hear good game guys, you did realllllly good, go talk to your mother. the fact of the matter is that our team does not gloat, even though we could have a lot for the past six years in this league.
as far as our team not being a team; be informed before you write something stupid. our team (the core at least) has been together since 1990. we played all the way through youth to college to this mens league and in some other leagues along the way. we are probably one of the oldest teams in the league. every year has a few new faces, but our current team is pretty close to the one that started in the bdsl six years ago. to be honest some of these posts seem like you have nothing better than to make excuses for losing. take your energy spent on complaining and spend it on something better; this league is not the pros.

bsc dynamo
JV
JV

Number of posts : 1
Team : bsc raiders
Full Name : palmiero
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Hansen Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:25 pm

As much as it pains me to agree with Rocky(kidding!!), Rocky has never posted game recaps or congratulated other teams on the forum. Its nothing personal, just the way that they do business. The score is all that is posted from them, and, truth be told, every team can be thankful of that at some point since their team was assembled. As for Holland, there are only 2 kids left from Holland on the team this year and they were just added in the pasty week. Who cares if I haven't grown up or known the guys on my team for years and years? I get to meet new people every year and still have a great time as well. Your beloved Roos were a hodge-podge of players year in and out only a few years ago. Better get some facts before running your mouth Bartosik! Very Happy
E.Hansen
E.Hansen
College
College

Number of posts : 56
Team : Azzurri
Full Name : Erick Hansen
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Smitch83 Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 am

Certainly wasn't trying to start any sort of argument here. To be honest with you, I couldn't care less if a team comments on the game. No pats on the back are needed here. We know it was a good game and that's that. We were simply having a respectful discussion about the differences between the teams that are made-up primarily of guys from the same town who are friends off the field versus those "select" teams comprised of guys from all over the area. There were no personal attacks being made, BSC, so chill out.

Smitch83
JV
JV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down