Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tehel Cup Final Prediction

2 posters

Go down

Tehel Cup Final Prediction Empty Tehel Cup Final Prediction

Post  Michael Schieber Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:38 pm

The 90th Tehel Cup Final is set for Thursday at D'Youville at 7:30pm. Pitting Championship side FC Yemen versus the reign Cup champs in Queenston FC. I'll break this down position by position.

Queenston FC Defense:
This has been the Paraliments bread and butter now for a few years. A strudy backline has been the receipe for Queenston success with Eric Barnes and Dylan Duncan forming as solid a centerbacking core as there is in the BDSL. I think they're familiarity with one another certainly help while newcomer Pat Eadie has fit in as a extra CB/ utility defender. When protecting a lead they have Ross Suitor to play outside back too. This year they did miss Barnes for long spells so the GA rose a bit. For the jump to Premier though its not too big a concern. This is the strongest and most consistant part of their game
FC Yemen Defense:
On the flip side this is probably the biggest source of concern for FC Yemen. Far too many times have Championship sides been able to post crooked numbers against the Yemen defense and now they go up against a improved offensive team in Queenston FC. I will say this though lately the arrow is trending up for the defensive unit allowing 9 goals in the last 8 games with 5 of those coming in a single contest. So maybe they have straightened out the issues that plagued them earlier in the year.
Advantage: Queenston FC

Queenston FC Midfield:
Centrally Queenston FC has some great creative players. Miguel Rodrigues has made a name for himself as a slick passer with good technically skill. Late add Troy Brady has proved to be another crafty player with a scoring touch who seamlessly worked into the side. Out wide again Suitor has to be mentioned as one of the better all around players for Queenston. The kid has a non stop motor and can score as easily as he can stick an opponent. The rest of the unit is made of of BDSL veterans who know the game and play with each other well. I'd say the overall skill here is maybe a bit on the lower side top to bottom but their stars in Rodrigues and Suitor lift the rest. They all like to play a physical, sometimes punishing brand of socccer
FC Yemen Midfield:
Honestly I don't think another player in the league has had a better break out season then the FCY talisman Abdulqawi Mohamed. #9 has truly been the difference maker for this squad. His on field vision and footwork has caused opposing team fits all year. It will be imperative that the Parliment lock him down. One the wings FC Yemen can certainly out pace the Queenston side and will need to use that to their advantage. Sorta the aged old fight between speed vs strength on display tomorrow night.
Slight Advantage: Queenston FC

Queenston FC Offense:
Probably the most over looked part this team is Justin Sims the leader of the Queenston offense. The willy vet has always been a fairly consistent performer and while he may lack some pace he makes up for in ball control and distribution. The rest of the options are sorta hit and miss. Donner is maybe the best purer finisher but lacks speed and can be a bit selfish at times. Todino is the speed option but has spent more time as an utility man to really be a attacking threat. Kastner has been the biggest surprise this season and it will be interesting to see if his impact can continue in the final.
FC Yemen Offense: 
54 goals in league play is no joke. FC Yemen has shredded defenses all year with the one two scoring punch of Ali Shawish and Nageeb Ali. Ali is have all the tools of a goal scorer with a great strike, good pace and strength. Shawish maybe is more a creative player with a terrific touch but lacks the physicality of Ali. The best part of the Yemen offense is that it comes from everywhere. Overlap runs, 1-2 passes, diagonals, they can do it all with every player seeming to be able to chip in if needed. one of the best offensively talented teams in the league.
Advantage: FC Yemen

Queenston FC Keeper:
Not too much to say here as Netter is one of the best the BDSL has to offer. Legitimately everything you'd want in a keeper.
FC Yemen Keeper:
Sammy Albakri has been the best part of the FC Yemen defense. As stated before it was a rough early go for him and his back line but he appears to have settled in. Great reflexes might be his biggest strength.
Advantage: Queenston FC

Final Prediction:
I can't believe it but I think Queenston goes back to back. They do everything well enough and between Rodrigues and Suitor someone will turn the game in their favor. I could see them bullying and frustrating the Yemen attack and then open the scoring on a seemingly nothing play then adding a second. They'll then concede at some point in second but shell up and ride it out for the win.

Queenston FC 2 - FC Yemen 1 

May God/Allah/mother earth/flying spaghetti monster/zesus/whatever save our souls as this is surely the end of times.
Michael Schieber
Michael Schieber
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 435
Team : Roos F.C.
Full Name : Michael Schieber
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Tehel Cup Final Prediction Empty Re: Tehel Cup Final Prediction

Post  Matt Marcin...z Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:03 am

Queenston can win, but given Yemen's run of form they have to be favorites here.  3-2 or 4-2 Yemen in my opinion.  I'll probably come watch

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:06 am

also, re: your last line, I want to popularize "Mother Entropy" in place of "Mother Earth"

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down