Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOHO FC 2, Queenston FC 1

3 posters

Go down

SOHO FC 2, Queenston FC 1 Empty SOHO FC 2, Queenston FC 1

Post  Raider9726 Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:47 pm

In case you missed it, which, judging by the lack of fans present for yesterday's afternoon clash, is probably everyone, I can breeze past the first 80 minutes of this game in one paragraph.  Soho dressed 15 and Queenston started with 13 but within 5 minutes we had 18.

0-0 after 80'.  Soho, wearing gray, had the better of play for the first 5 minutes and then basically the rest of the first half we, wearing neon, held the better of opportunities.  We settled on too many shots from distance though, which wasn't a good game plan considering they had a backup goalie in net, as Ski was forced to miss.  Even still, Benson rose to the occasion and made some nice saves.  Ref unit was not spectacular.  A lot of inconsistencies between the crew.  Head ref sees a play one way, AR's see it another way, but no one stepping up to tell the players what's going on.  A few breakaways were thwarted by really late offsides calls or miscommunication as to who's ball it'd be off of a throw in...as in like 15 seconds of play would take place before whistles would blow again.  

But anyway, I want to say Austin Tom two-hand shoves Dylan Duncan to the ground in the far corner as he and probably Noah Rougeux were defending against the ball, and Tom wins the ball due to literally removing Duncan from the play, and sends in a cross to the top of the 18 which I think was then passed again to Steve Butcher, who razzle dazzled through a couple of our guys before unleashing a well placed shot to Netter's right.  1-0.  We're mad at the no-call but were told it's a makeup call.  By this I mean, previously in the build up of play one of our outside mids apparently fouled their guy on the ball, but play continued and that guy eventually got it to Tom, and then Tom had the rights I suppose now to do whatever he needed to do because this would be the makeup portion of the non-call seconds earlier.  Whatever, I don't even care anymore about dumb calls.  It's annoying, but it happens every game so we all need to deal with it.  

Around the 88' mark, Ross Suitor is served in a nice ball into the box, he beats Benson to the ball, and that's when he's clipped inside the box.  PK awarded.  Soho is up in arms, and I understand I'm on the side benefiting from this call as it happened, but if they got anything right yesterday, this was the one.  SoHo boots the ball over the shrubs, so we all discuss the play for awhile (See last paragraph - this is when Ian Boyle makes himself known).  After gathering the ball, Suitor steps up to the spot and connects on the PK.  1-1.  

I feel like we all deserved to walk out of here with 1 point yesterday, because I truly think we played even with Soho or perhaps slightly better.  I will say however SoHo were missing some key pieces to their team; Ski, Bobby Ross, Sengbusch and Mangano.  Regardless, a draw would have been nice, however...

We sit back and try to absorb Soho's last ditch efforts to find a winner, and although we did our best to clear balls back up the field or away from net, somehow Pablo Ordonez gets a foot on the ball inside the box, and in an eerily similar fashion to Ross Suitor's masterpiece of a goal scored against Clarence a few weeks back, Pablo spews out this laser into the upper 90.  Jubilation for Soho, along with the 3 women in attendance who were excited about the play.

We bring the ball up to midfield, get the ball down into the 18' almost instantly and it's kicked out for a corner, but that's when the final whistle blows.  I asked the ref why we wouldn't get one look on the corner, and he told me we were already 3-4 minutes into stoppage, which I guess is fair, but it hurts that much more that we conceded that late.  2-1 final, a medium-well deserved win for the Burger Boys, as they probably had the better second half overall.

A really tough month of June for us, as we were in a lot of games but couldn't figure out how to secure more points.  BSC Raiders is up next after the break (yay).

Side note: I'm sure my teammate Netter won't care for this comment too much because he's an official himself, so this is totally my thought only (but when I say that I mean 95% of the people playing yesterday): Someone needs to control Ian Boyle.  This is the second straight game we've had him.  He interacted with one of our players last week using "abusive" language towards our guy, and now this week as SoHo argues the PK call, he's using "abusive" language towards SoHo to insert his feelings about their reaction.  I understand he probably dislikes the whining or arguing and whatnot, but to insert himself into the mix AND essentially entice people to argue back to him which will only lead to cards and/or suspensions for the players, is wrong. There's got to be some accountability on the other side as well. For the record, he hasn't been an issue from an officiating stand point. End rant, sorry.
Raider9726
Raider9726
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 241
Team : Queenston
Full Name : Queenston Statistician
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

SOHO FC 2, Queenston FC 1 Empty Re: SOHO FC 2, Queenston FC 1

Post  nateg Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:16 pm

I think I can agree on a majority of what you said, from my point of view, benson got the ball first and man after, questionable but I can see it given both ways. I do agree with you 100% on the ref (Ian) I assume, one of the worst if not worst AR ive seen, coming onto the field and yelling at players, terrible offside call which we score on a breakway and openly admits to messing it up, near side AR blows a clear offside call, which even Lawler had a good laugh at. It is what it is, it happens everygame, but it was above and beyond questionable at best yesterday, especially for being evaluated. Well done to you guys, couple clear chances benson made some good saves on, netter did well on at least 1 if not 2 great point blank saves. Overall, good game, in all reality you probably did deserve a point, goodluck to queenston the rest of the way for that last playoff spot!

PS, on a side note, well done MATT M for the post about SOHO that you took down, it's just a shame its the internet and you cant get rid of everything once its out there Very Happy

nateg
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 30
Team : Lazio
Full Name : Nathan Griffiths
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:32 am

I'm not sure I took down anything; I certainly didn't, mentally.  Either I did while wasted and semi-regretful, or Schieber did--I'm not sure which. BSC are the greater offenders, though.  F*ck that team.  F*ck anyone on that team whose name begins with the letter w.

But if I have to undermine the league with my posts, I'll undermine the league, because I will once again reiterate that I think that BSC Raiders and SoHo are not respectable outfits

Last edited by Matt Marcin...z on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 am

2-6 bad apples on your team. Lol.

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:37 am

'Team Bingers'...f*ck you.  They were all SoHo people.  Just saying.  I have a good memory. Your people were neither tactful nor classy.

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Marcin...z Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:47 am

Some of the worst people in this league are some of the most ostensibly celebrated. Just like Trump. I as an independent moral agent gotta play the watchdog on that, don't I? I sure think I'm morally obligated. Nate, I think you and your ex-Lazio limbo status were not exactly complicit...but others on your team are guilty. Duerden, Hall (ironically a criminal justice major), Ordonez, Mangano...these people are not quality on the pitch.

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down