Buffalo & District Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend Update: Coyotes Support Sponsor, Martinez Announces District 2 County Legislature Candidacy, LP1 Earns Shutout

2 posters

Go down

Weekend Update: Coyotes Support Sponsor, Martinez Announces District 2 County Legislature Candidacy, LP1 Earns Shutout Empty Weekend Update: Coyotes Support Sponsor, Martinez Announces District 2 County Legislature Candidacy, LP1 Earns Shutout

Post  david martinez Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:00 am

Medina's Mariachi De Oro fit the Sponsorship bill to a tee.  The Margaritas were very good, the food was very good, the beer was cold, and the service was great.  Friday night, most of the Coyotes traveled out to support our sponsor and had a great time.  Having made the decision the previous Monday, I figured the outing would be a perfect time to make the first public announcement that I am running for Erie County Legislature!  Most figured I was kidding, but I wasn't.  There has never been a Hispanic/Latino County Legislator in Erie County.  It's time.  

If you are a registered Democrat in District 2 (much of the West side/Elmwood Village/University District/Lovejoy/part of the East Side), please consider voting for DAVID A. MARTINEZ on September 12th, 2017 [in the Democratic Primary], (then again in November).  Thank you.  Once elected, I will get all 70+ Bdsl teams a new field, personal trainers, and team masseuses (the contracted masseuse company is the unionized triumvirate: Sully and The Butcher Bros.)  Just kidding about the new fields and personal trainers.

Sunday found us searching for our first regular season victory in nearly a month.  Following three ties, the most recent of which could have very easily been a loss, - Yemen Elite was all over us in the final 15 minutes or so, but LP1 had a handful of amazing saves to keep us even - we were starving for a three pointer.

As I've written a few times this season: every team is dangerous in premier (and I'd imagine Championship is similar).  We were facing off against a team (Buffalo Bantu) at the bottom of the table, but we have learned to take no team lightly.  We started off flying on all cylinders.  Almost all of the first 20 minutes took place in the final third.  Unfortunately, we couldn't convert.  Finally, we did.  We got three in succession: Gary drew a PK (JJ converted), Derek finished one (I think), and Gary caught the keeper way out and fired a precision strike into an open net from about 37 yards out.

3-0 half.

Second half got a bit sloppier in terms of technical skill - even so, we had two more good finishes (Brody, I think), and Berardi.  Berardi always scores - He kind of reminds me of me in the mid-80s on the Blazing Inferno (coach Wheeler), indoor U10 - U12 - at Soccer World (now Sportsplex) with the boards....always scores...

Anyway, the rain started coming down with about 20 minutes to go.  It was quite refreshing.  Buffalo Bantu created a few opportunities late - but were foiled by LP1 - he made 3 excellent saves down the stretch.  LP1 has been on fire lately.

I played 47 minutes.

5-0 final.

david martinez
College
College

Number of posts : 77
Team : Clarence Coyotes
Full Name : David Martinez
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Weekend Update: Coyotes Support Sponsor, Martinez Announces District 2 County Legislature Candidacy, LP1 Earns Shutout Empty Re: Weekend Update: Coyotes Support Sponsor, Martinez Announces District 2 County Legislature Candidacy, LP1 Earns Shutout

Post  Matt Marcin...z Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:51 pm

sorry, David, but I'm campaigning hard for the 23-year-old professional golfer

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/23/betty-jean-grant-officially-announces-plans-run-mayor/

Matt Marcin...z
EPL
EPL

Number of posts : 309
Team : Polonia
Full Name : Matt Marcinkiewicz
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down